No announcement yet.

Hay! Goldenboy put Canelo in fights like you do Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hay! Goldenboy put Canelo in fights like you do Garcia

I mean you look at there history, and record. You tell me why! They have Danny fighting the toughest in his division and now there talking fighters like Lucas M. Why don't they treat Canelo like this, let him fight people like Lara. Danny's got 24 fights, already fighting the best. Canelo has 40 fights against B-class fighters, and an over the hill Mosley, and now he's fighting a guy that just moved up to 146.5 to fight Ortiz. Come on Goldenboy thats not good enough!
    Last edited by torosboxing75; 07-16-2012, 08:27 AM. Reason: spell check

http://twitter.com/GoldenBoyBoxing

Comment

Good Idea. However they won't do it, ginger is a protected commodity. Groomed strictly for the business of boxing, not the sport.

Comment

You're asking why a guy who can generate large amounts of money fighting soft competition is facing easier opponents than a guy who need to fight a name opponent to get network attention?

I'm not saying it's ok or that I like it, but the reasons why they're doing are fairly simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          You're asking why a guy who can generate large amounts of money fighting soft competition is facing easier opponents than a guy who need to fight a name opponent to get network attention?

I'm not saying it's ok or that I like it, but the reasons why they're doing are fairly simple.
          Yup, the business of boxing takes priority. Besides I think Poppa Garcia means it when he says they're all about fighting the best.

Comment

Disagree....they tried to put him in with Kirkland, Williams, and Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by ATrillionaire View Post
              Disagree....they tried to put him in with Kirkland, Williams, and Ortiz.
              You mean Kirkland coming off of surgery, Williams who's seen better days, and mental midget Ortiz? Those are the fighters you're talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
                I mean you look at there history, and record. You tell me why! They have Danny fighting the toughest in his division and now there talking fighters like Lucas M. Why don't they treat Canelo like this, let him fight people like Lara. Danny's got 24 fights, already fighting the best. Canelo has 40 fights against B-class fighters, and an over the hill Mosley, and now he's fighting a guy that just moved up to 146.5 to fight Ortiz. Come on Goldenboy thats not good enough!
                Because of his hair, he is an automatic star in mexico, and he brings in ALOT of bread...So they let him fight bums to make easy money...none of gb's other fighters bring in the attention, and views Canelo does, but canelo is a bum...their other fighters, have SOME potential and they focus on being the best, while Canelo focuses on bringing in views, while being a mediocre fighter

Comment

Coming off of surgery or not, Kirkland is always credible. Williams is a tough fight for anyone, and Canelo would have seen an Ortiz who beat Berto, lost to Floyd (everyone does), and destroyed Lopez. Obviously Ortiz wasn't up to par, but that's not Goldenboy's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
                    great post...green!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X