No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cristian Mijares: 11 Is The Only One That Counts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cristian Mijares: 11 Is The Only One That Counts

By Cliff Rold - Talented fighters don’t, sometimes can’t, always go for it when it’s their chance. It’s not always hard to understand why. Every talent doesn’t sell. Every champion doesn’t draw. Given the tight economics, and the politics, most fighters who get their hands on a belt hold on tight until they lose it because it’s their one assurance of better than average. It’s a guaranteed check for as long as the belt is yours.

It would be nice to have a sport where every fighter is tested to the fullest extent of their ability, able to walk away with every question answered about who they were and what they could have been.

Boxing doesn’t always go like that.

It is particularly true in the lower weight classes.

Unification bouts below Jr. Featherweight have been rare since the initial splits between the WBA and WBC. Some of the most celebrated little men, names like Miguel Canto, Jeff Chandler, Khaosai Galaxy, and Mark Johnson, never had a chance to unify titles in their time. It didn’t detract much from their places in history, but it pointed to some of the limits of the game. [Click Here To Read More]

This only once again confirms my suspicion that you are the only decent boxing scribe out there.

Comment

What he means is that you try to touch gloves with your opponent but you quickly cheap shot them. He's almost as good as Mayweather at doing that.

Comment

nice rticle, oth credit 2 the sport, but ca Milares out box im, which mst as RM has he power...good matchup...consistently good bouts from MX City..

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
          nice rticle, oth credit 2 the sport, but ca Milares out box im, which mst as RM has he power...good matchup...consistently good bouts from MX City..
          Mijares lays inside a lot and takes right hands. Gonna' be a tough go.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
            Mijares lays inside a lot and takes right hands. Gonna' be a tough go.
            Great observation & this could b what decides things as Rafa definaltely has the edge in power...

Comment

Hope Mijares can pull this one out.

Comment

Although i'd love to be mistaken, there's no doubt in my mind that the winner of Mijares-Marquez will fight the winner of Donaire-Arce. In other words Donaire vs Mijares/Marquez winner in 2013.

Comment

This is a fight so anything can happen but I don't see Mijares winning this one.....

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                    Hope Mijares can pull this one out.

iS THIS FIGHT on Azteca or something?

It's better than what;s on HBO I think.

I can't find where it's showing....

do you know warpie?

Comment

Working...
                    X