No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins-Cleverly The Summer Target For Frank Warren

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins-Cleverly The Summer Target For Frank Warren

Promoter Frank Warren hopes to set Nathan Cleverly up with a big summer bout against Bernard Hopkins in Cardiff.

[Click Here To Read More]

Hopkins tools Cleverly. . . Why does Warren want to embarrass Clev in front of 50k Welshmen?

Comment

I have a feeling with or without the Hopkins fight Clev will disappear soon.....

Comment

Pascal, Dawson and Hopkins all beat him.

Maybe he should just fight Maccarinelli.

Comment

Hopkins beats him in almost every area, but I'd be interested in seeing how Cleverly's sheer speed and stamina affect the fight. Could be interesting I think.

Comment

Am i the only person thats got Cleverly winning this if it ever happened? Cleverly is a joke but anyone with a high workrate beats a 47 year old Hopkins right now, it was workrate that beat Hopkins in the Calzaghe fight and was the only department where JC was superior.

Comment

Originally posted by big paulie View Post
              Am i the only person thats got Cleverly winning this if it ever happened? Cleverly is a joke but anyone with a high workrate beats a 47 year old Hopkins right now, it was workrate that beat Hopkins in the Calzaghe fight and was the only department where JC was superior.
              Anyone with a high-work rate? ANYONE? Kelly Pavlik was considered to have too high of a work-rate for Bernard and look what happened.

The reason why Calzaghe was "successful" against Hops isn't just cause of work-rate it's cause he comes from all sorts of weird ass angles and has speed and decent footwork.

Cleverly isn't that clever of a fighter nor is he fast.

Comment

Cleverly isn't really that fast. . . He's far from slow, but he's not fast either. . . He's just your basic boxer/puncher with slightly above average speed and below average power. . .

He wouldn't be throwing 60-70 punches a round against Hopkins because of the way Hopkins positions himself, and transitions from defensive posturing to attacking. . . Even this Hopkins would shut down Clev's jab, and stymy his overall punch output.

The only other champion I see Cleverly possibly beating is Shumenov, and even Shumenov has a 50/50 chance of walking him down and overwhelming him. Cloud should easily be able to get to him, and probably stop him, or at the very least win a wide UD. Pascal's style would be a nightmare for Cleverly. . . And Dawson definitely stops him. . .

Comment

I don't think Hopkins continue fighting if he loses to Dawson. It sounds like Warren is prepared to match Hopkins with Clev even if B-hop is coming from a loss, not attractive at all.
                  The mega fight will be against Dawson in my view, Chad cant draw 200 in his home town but in the UK, Wales he and Clev may fight in front of 25k.

Comment

Cleverly has even fought anyone close to world class yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X