Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Floyd held to a higher standard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd doesnt hold himself to a higher standard...since hitting ww all of his fights have been a joke

Comment

• Originally posted by tredh View Post
      HAHAHAHA this is such a dumbass train of thought. Who really between 140-154 would be favored to beat PBF? Who really is PBF supposed to lose to?
      It would help if he took on some legit threats at 154, other than in fantasy fights.

Comment

HAHAHAHA this is such a dumbass train of thought. Who really between 140-154 would be favored to beat PBF? Who really is PBF supposed to lose to?
        HAHAHAHA, this such a dumb ass train of thought. Who IS THERE in the WW division at this moment??? A bunch of nobodies.

Hence, the 2 year "retirement".

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          So by this you say that Roy Jones Jr. was never the man at 175. Thank you.
          no battling nelson. the dynamics at 147 have nothing to do with the dynamics at 175. they are mutually exclusive of one another.

Besides, at 175, roy unified titles of 3 or 4 organizations if I recall. Margs never did that. He had I believe about a dozen or so title defenses, Margs never did that. So I mean are you really trying to argue this point?
          Last edited by The Big Dunn; 02-05-2013, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
            HAHAHAHA, this such a dumb ass train of thought. Who is there in the WW division at this moment??? A bunch of nobodies.

Hence, the 2 year "retirement".
            Even in the 2 year so called retirement list all of these WW fighters who would be the favorite to beat PBF.

Comment

Even in the 2 year so called retirement list all of these WW fighters who would be the favorite to beat PBF.
              based on floydiots like you, no one can beat floyd on your own fantasy world! lol

Comment

P-Will, Margarito (hindsight is 20/20), the rest would've been toss up, slightly favoring Floyd. The only 2 fights that would've mattered were P-Will and Margarito, to prove who the best WW was. Not some dog and pony show, to see if he could beat up past their prime fighters.

Not to mention a past his prime Mosley, that would've put a better fight up against him, than their recent fight. Also a guy like Vargas would've made a good fight. You also had Cotto, who could've beat Floyd.

The point being. It's not about whose favored, because in your eyes, he's favored against everyone in the World. It's getting in the ring and PROVING who the best really is. Which he never did.
                Last edited by Scarcaztic; 02-05-2013, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  no battling nelson. the dynamics at 147 have nothing to do with the dynamics at 175. they are mutually exclusive of one another.

Besides, at 175, roy unified titles of 3 or 4 organizations if I recall. Margs never did that. He had I believe about a dozen or so title defenses, Margs never did that. So I mean are you really trying to argue this point?
                  Point is that if you are saying, which you are, that Baldo was the man, then you by definition has to say the same about DM. Hence Floyd became the man by beating Baldo and Jones never became the man because he didn't beat DM.

Comment

• Lets talk about some fights that MAJORITY of the boxing world believes that Floyd wouldn't win.....

Trout?? Does anyone think that the odds might be close?

Martinez?? at 168, but I believe that he would a big favorite to win

Canelo?

Pac was the only fight at WW in recent history that a good chunk of people believing he could beat Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      It would help if he took on some legit threats at 154, other than in fantasy fights.
                      Read what I wrote not what you think I am trying to say. I am not saying he can't be beat at 147 or 154 what I said was based on that person's comment "who would actually be favored to beat PBF?" Truthfully Martinez even at 154 might not be favored to beat PBF. It doesn't matter who he fights between 140-154 nobody is going to be favored to beat him is all I am saying. I personally as a big PBF fan would not be suprised at all to see Trout beat him with the way he has been looking. 36 years old doesn't lend it self out to beating in shape skilled fighters who are much bigger than you.

Comment

Working...
                      X