Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jennings\liahkovich & adamek\aguilera...thought aguilera hurt adamek twice & i gave him 3 out of the first 4 rounds. didn't like the final score 100-90 across the board...jennings blew me away how good he did. never saw that coming after the byarm fight where he looked very shaky under the spotlite. i picked adamek to win close decision but there is almost no doubt in my mind chambers beats adamek easily with 2 hands. that fight won't ever happen & you can bet chambers will be having a difficult time getting fights. after chris byrd beat tua(close) there wasn't many guys lining up to fight him. he had to sign with don king to get fights. difficult to fight, superior defence, southpaw & not a big draw. too much risk for too little money. kingpin has had some issues getting fights too because of his style. losing to adamek & pulling out of the eliminator has really put chambers in a tough position. he now has to deal with another injury too. he is only 30 but he will have to win every important fight from here on out. if he ever wants another title shot he will have to do it the hard way. winning regional belts to get rankings & force an eliminator with him in it.

Comment

• kaylor vs gumbs
      sibson vs anderson

Comment

• Gianfranco Rosi-Ron Amundsen
        Leon Spinks-Jesse Burnett & Carlos Deleon

Comment

• Michael Spinks vs. Yaqui Lopez
          Michael Spinks vs. Dwight Muhammad Qawi

Comment

• the entire carbajal-gonzalez trilogy!

a power-punching little man against a smooth boxing little man...

great fights, specially the first...

Comment

• Antonio Tarvars 4th pro fight, he came out in a magicians hat and had on a purple bow tie, he looked ridiculous. His opponents only experience was a tough man competition.

The fight was actually very entertaining.

Comment

• Short and Sweet

Amir Khan vs Danny Garcia: While channel surfing last night, I came across HBO's encore presentation during the introductions. Undecided whether or not to watch, I established one criterion - I would watch at least the first round if they shared the same stance. They did, so I watched.

I was pleasantly surprised by the level of urgency with which these fellows fought (most fighters today are content to go the distance and complain "I wuz robbed" when the decision goes against them). Garcia upset Khan with a 4th.-round TKO.
                Last edited by Panamaniac; 07-17-2012, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Tim Witherspoon vs. Alfonzo Ratcliff and Pinklon Thomas vs. James Tillis. It's fun to watch 80's heavies sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Repsac View Post
                    Tim Witherspoon vs. Alfonzo Ratcliff and Pinklon Thomas vs. James Tillis. It's fun to watch 80's heavies sometimes.
                    Not just heavies, but all weight classes. The 80's was one of the proverbial "golden eras" of boxing. It was a time when the KO (boxing's homerun) was at a high premium. The typical boxing match today features two counter-punchers of opposite stances (orthodox vs southpaw) who prefer to leave the outcome in the hands of the judges and lament 'I wuz robbed' upon losing. (yawn)

I miss the 80's... Hearns, Leonard, Hagler, Duran...

Boxing needs the likes of Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali!
                    Last edited by Panamaniac; 08-21-2012, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Repsac View Post
                      Tim Witherspoon vs. Alfonzo Ratcliff and Pinklon Thomas vs. James Tillis. It's fun to watch 80's heavies sometimes.
                      I just watched those two(from dowwnload section). Pinklon Thomas had a great jab.

Comment

Working...
                      X