Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Miquel Cotto vs Antonio Margarito & undercards RbR and discussion thread...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chav View Post
    I think it's going to be pretty much a repeat of the last fight. Cotto starts well and there is a turning point and we will all see it, when Cotto's eyes show us the body punches are ripping away his wind
    This is along the lines of how I see it. The big question is.. If Margarito gets the best of Cotto and does knock him down. Will he urge Cotto to get back up like in the Cintron fight? I think Margarito is not going to be particularly gracious if he gets his way. I think a wink from the bad eye in the post fight interview would be in order.

Comment

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
      @jumanji37 LOL. Top Rank & MSG have added extra security to the event to make sure everything is safe & sound. No tolerance for that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
        danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
        @jumanji37 LOL. Top Rank & MSG have added extra security to the event to make sure everything is safe & sound. No tolerance for that stuff.
        A riot is free publicity. Bad move on Arum's part letting them do that!

Comment

Cotto knows the mistakes he made the first fight and im sure his working on not running out of gas on the later rounds.. his doing things his never done before with this trainer and alot of it is for not running out of gas... We have to be complete honest to ourselves Margarito was wearing plaster for the Cotto fight, thats more than clear... lets just see how margarito is going to do without plaster this time i hope he did a Shiet load of strength training to backup his liesss!! 1st fight Cotto was going for the KO and for this rematch i would just stick to outboxing margarito like he did last time 1-6 rounds and his got this..

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey88 View Post
            Cotto knows the mistakes he made the first fight and im sure his working on not running out of gas on the later rounds.. his doing things his never done before with this trainer and alot of it is for not running out of gas... We have to be complete honest to ourselves Margarito was wearing plaster for the Cotto fight, thats more than clear... lets just see how margarito is going to do without plaster this time i hope he did a Shiet load of strength training to backup his liesss!! 1st fight Cotto was going for the KO and for this rematch i would just stick to outboxing margarito like he did last time 1-6 rounds and his got this..
            Even in the Clottey fight Cotto was looking winded for roughly half the fight. I know he had a bad cut, but he wasn't even being pressured that hard and he looked somewhat spent.. I think Cotto may have questionable endurance in fights where his opponent can take his punches. A huge detail in this fight will be Cotto's stamina. I haven't seen anything recently to suggest his endurance has progressed in a big way.

Comment

WAR Cheato!!!!!!!

Comment

I believe cotto will target the eye and by round 5 or 6 the doctor will have to stop it

Or I could be wrong and the eye could be stronger than we all think, and marg marches through cotto's punches and walks him into the ring and batters him like last fight

Comment

cant wait.....

Comment

Originally posted by OfficialUBFNews View Post
                    I think another advantage people need to respect is.. The only person who really knows how significant an effect Margs wraps tampering was is Margarito. He threw punches with them and without them, so he'll be the only person on the planet who knows exactly how much his punching power will be effected in this fight as opposed to the last one.

Everyone else claiming exactly what effect his wraps will have is guessing, assuming, conjecturing. Margarito actually knows, that's a huge advantage. Cotto will have to adjust to whatever is changed on the fly, Margarito has been training for months with knowledge on any difference in his gloves.

So whether or not you believe Margs' loaded his wraps, it can't be denied that Margarito himself is fully aware in any effects from his current wraps. Win lose or draw, this fight is going to be awesome! FOTY!
                    Agree. If Margarito used plaster before, only he knows how much his power depended on plaster. Cotto will have to wait till round 1, and then adjust.

Cotto has already in the past assumed things that played into an advantage for his opponent. I remember when he assumed Manny Pacquiao was not stronger than him, and that he could exchange freely with Pac. That's a mistake. You assume he is stronger than you. He should assume that Margo will hit as hard now, as in the first fight.

I hope his trainer has trained with this in his mind.

I want Cotto to win.

Prediction -

If Cotto clinches - TKO inside 6 rounds.

If Cotto does not clinch - Cotto UD, if he has enough stamina to run in rounds 10-12 OR Margarito TKO 11 (again), if Cotto doesn't has enough stamina to run in rounds 10-12.

This will be a great fight.

Comment

If cotto soley tries to land on that eye and disregards the body he'll be in for a long night.

Comment

Working...
                      X