No announcement yet.

Dana: GSP wants Nick next..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
    Make Silva-GSP if were not gonna do the fair thing and put Hendricks in there.

This is like sidestepping Weidman to let Bisping or Belfort get a shot.

Silva-GSP
    Hendricks-Diaz

Then regardless of outcome.

Silva-Weidman
    Hendricks/Diaz-GSP
    Weidman is no where near as deserving as Hendricks. Besides GSP, Fitch & Kos were the #2 & 3 guys the last 5 years and Hendricks beat them both even though the Kos fight was very close. If Belfort & Bisping are obviously #2 & 3 with Chael gone, if Weidman could even beat one of them i'd say give him the shot. But beating Munoz and barely beating Maia in a embarassing fight for MMA it was so awful to watch, that earns Silva? I can't stand Weidman especially when he says Silvas ducking him when hes had like 10 fights and hasn't beaten a top 3 guy.

Comment

Sucks to be Hendricks but you won't see me cry for a GSP-Diaz fight.

Diaz is very similar to Condit but still very different fight for GSP. Both are relentless pressure fighters with strong chins and gas tanks with good BJJ. But where Condit had his kicks and power it let him get takedown alot easier. Diaz doesn't throw kicks so his long reach and boxing will be a unique task for GSP to conqueor.

Diaz just has got to stay relentless and keep GSP backing up. He can't choke like his brother, hes gotta let his hands go thats the only way he can wear GSP down. ,

Still LMAO at this though, its like GSP is saying No No No, fine I'll fight Diaz. Just don't let me get KTFO by Hendricks or Silva!

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        Yeah GSP should fight Diaz, win a lay and pray decision and then just retire already.
        Yeah I mean he's just the biggest draw in UFC and is only 31.

Comment

His boring ass fights draw the most? More than the exciting finishes in an Anderson Silva fight? I find that hard to believe. One of the biggest maybe, but I doubt the biggest. What the hell is wrong with fans then? I just meant the guy has cleared out the division. Let him fight until 40 then, I don't really care. He'll finally get his butt kicked by then.

Comment

Just a thought...

I'm a big GSP fan, and I seriously think that if anyone is going to beat Anderson Silva, it's going to be him. Having said that, I'm disappointed that he went chasing after Diaz instead of facing Anderson. If that fight was going to happen, now is the time. Also, as much as I like this fight and hope that it's exciting, I expect it to be a fairly boring fight with GSP neutralizing Diaz with his wrestling and coasting out a UD. Watch for the GSP haters to throw a MASSIVE FIT about this fight.

Comment

I'd much rather see Diaz vs GSP than Silva vs GSP to be honest.

I really like George, hell i'm french canadian. But there is no way in hell that George stands a chance against Silva. Think about it, George wins most of his fights because of his wrestling and the fact that he is a massive welterweight.

The size and strenght advantage all goes out the window in a fight with Silva, his wrestling would probably be still there. But honestly the only thing i see happening in that fight is GSP getting knocked the F out.

Though i'd like to see Diaz vs GSP, for me it's a toss up. I like GSP but Diaz is my favorite MMA fighter at the moment, so i don't care who wins but i won't miss it for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
                I'd much rather see Diaz vs GSP than Silva vs GSP to be honest.

I really like George, hell i'm french canadian. But there is no way in hell that George stands a chance against Silva. Think about it, George wins most of his fights because of his wrestling and the fact that he is a massive welterweight.

The size and strenght advantage all goes out the window in a fight with Silva, his wrestling would probably be still there. But honestly the only thing i see happening in that fight is GSP getting knocked the F out.

Though i'd like to see Diaz vs GSP, for me it's a toss up. I like GSP but Diaz is my favorite MMA fighter at the moment, so i don't care who wins but i won't miss it for sure.
                Honestly, I think if they fight, George beats him decisively. He's not a wrestler like Sonnen where he's gonna jump in and try to muscle his way through, GSP's excellent at setting up his takedown with his striking. And considering the caliber of striker that Anderson is, GSP would know to stand only long enough for an opening. As far as strength goes, I've heard that in camp, he's been able to go head to head with Rashad Evans in that department, which tells me that even though Anderson is still the bigger, stronger guy, that it won't be as big of an advantage as many would think. Regardless, I still think it's an intriguing match up.

Comment

GSP-Silva is a mismatch we will never see. Silva would win by KO, probably within a round if the fight did happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    His boring ass fights draw the most? More than the exciting finishes in an Anderson Silva fight? I find that hard to believe. One of the biggest maybe, but I doubt the biggest. What the hell is wrong with fans then? I just meant the guy has cleared out the division. Let him fight until 40 then, I don't really care. He'll finally get his butt kicked by then.
                    Yep he is, I read it on a article somewhere.. I will have to dig it up.

It's simple why he's a bigger draw than Silva

He's white, good looking and always respects his opponents and never talks trash about them. Speaks english. Oh and he is a north american fighter fighting in a North American ORG.

Silva is Brazilian, Black, doesn't speak english and has had some fights where he clowned his opponents.

He won't KO Diaz but hey you never know? haha

Anderson S

Comment

Okay then. I'm still more of a Silva fan and liked Matt Hughes a lot more as a welterweight fighter, although his arrogance got to me at times in the lead ups to his fights, but much more exciting in The Octagon IMO.

I do like GSP's technique, just wish he went for the finish more often. The guy hasn't had a stoppage win in 8 years.

Do you guys think he could become the Lennox Lewis of MMA (finishing his career with only 2 losses that were avenged)?

Comment

Working...
                      X