Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frank Warren Blasts American Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was not aware Seth Mitchell was "the saviour" of US boxing. Pretty sure he was just seen as a heavyweight with a pleasing style and some pop. I've never heard anyone say he was anything other then that.

Comment

Floyd,bradley,ward, broner, donaire. Beat one!

Comment

My mistake thought nonito wa born in states.

Comment

No one in America gives a damn about the heavy weight division. And that include the Euro fighters as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            I was not aware Seth Mitchell was "the saviour" of US boxing. Pretty sure he was just seen as a heavyweight with a pleasing style and some pop. I've never heard anyone say he was anything other then that.
            Yeah me neither.

Comment

Warren is a delusional ****. Eastern Europe doesn't dominate across boxing. That honor goes to Mexico.

And as other posters have mentioned, the #1 boxers in several weight classes happen to be American. Including Adrien Broner--Frank should know that name well since he has had Ricky Burns ducking him.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                Seth Mitchell had been touted as the saviour of heavyweight boxing in the US. However, as I’d predicted, he was exposed as another charlatan last weekend in Atlantic City, hammered in two rounds by the very average and significantly lighter Johnathon Banks.

I don’t doubt that Mitchell, a former gridiron footballer, trains hard but he wasn’t even an average talent and was outrageously overhyped. The Yanks still refuse to concede that they are no longer the sport’s superpower – not just in the heavyweight division but right across boxing.

Other than very few Yanks, that honour has passed to Eastern Europe. Fact.Fighters there might lack the flamboyance of some of the Americans but they more than compensate for that in hunger and fundamental basic technique.

that "HW savior" has been boxing for six years total...

and finally, it's a sh#t division right now without american talent. is it really something to brag about that it's largely european now?

i'll take the 70's, when american big men actually boxed, instead of the fat guys who got cut from the basketball team (thompson,) and the mitchells and wilders of the world, who started boxing when they were almost fully grown men (mitchell was 25 )

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                  Seth Mitchell had been touted as the saviour of heavyweight boxing in the US. However, as I’d predicted, he was exposed as another charlatan last weekend in Atlantic City, hammered in two rounds by the very average and significantly lighter Johnathon Banks.

I don’t doubt that Mitchell, a former gridiron footballer, trains hard but he wasn’t even an average talent and was outrageously overhyped. The Yanks still refuse to concede that they are no longer the sport’s superpower – not just in the heavyweight division but right across boxing.

Other than very few Yanks, that honour has passed to Eastern Europe. Fact.Fighters there might lack the flamboyance of some of the Americans but they more than compensate for that in hunger and fundamental basic technique.
                  so then stay fighting in eastern europe and stop coming to the US for the money if the fans and networks aren't supporting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordank View Post
                    My mistake thought nonito wa born in states.

he grew up boxing here. he moved his career along here as a professional.

i consider him an american boxer. he's only fought a few times in the Philippines

manny pacquiao is a philipino boxer. he was a philipino street kid.

miguel cotto was born in rhode island. he's a puertorican boxer 110%, because that's where he grew up and boxed.

Comment

Frank Warren is probably a little bit sore that an Eastern European boxer just knocked out Britain's Ricky Hatton.

Meanwhile that very same Eastern European boxer suffered his first ever loss to a Yank.

Comment

Working...
                      X