Andre Dirrell on Froch-Mack; Froch-Bute; Future

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhon123 View Post
    Dirrell beat froch in nottingham, he made froch miss all night
    I scored it 114-113 for Froch and I'm not a fan of his.

Andre was lucky he wasn't disqualified, he was behaving very childishly.

But that being said, if Dirrell had fought earlier in the fight like he did in the 11th and 12th, he would have won.

Comment

Dirrell clearly won that fight. Just ask Barry McGuigan.

That said, it's in the past. He needs to get active and start working his way up the rankings to a title fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Dirrell clearly won that fight. Just ask Barry McGuigan.
        Oh, so Barry's view on ALL fights is the final word then.

Like I said, it was a close fight. Dirrell made Froch miss but didn't do enough offensively to clearly win. Froch 'made' the fight but was too sloppy to to win clearly. Neither man performed that well although I did feel that Dirrell 'got it' in the last couple of rounds.

I have no problem with people thinking either man won, but it was a close fight & no robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
          Oh, so Barry's view on ALL fights is the final word then.
          I'm just bringing him up as one example out of many objective observers who thought Dirrell won.

But the past is in the past. Dirrell has to start making some noise in the here and now if he wants to be seen as one of the top super middleweights.

Comment

Froch clearly won, not sure why he's still clinging on to that. He's lucky he didn't get DQ'd actually.

Comment

Dirrell beat Froch clearly but I don't see Froch giving Dirrell a rematch unless Dirrell gets a belt.

Comment

Dirrell wins by UD or beats Froch by KO if they fight again. Froch's true kryptonite are skilled boxer/punchers like Ward and Dirrell. If Dirrell had not been mental and unconfident the first half of their fight, he would have probably KOed Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
                  Dirrell wins by UD or beats Froch by KO if they fight again. Froch's true kryptonite are skilled boxer/punchers like Ward and Dirrell. If Dirrell had not been mental and unconfident the first half of their fight, he would have probably KOed Froch.
                  Not sure about KO but I agree with the view that Dirrell got confident in the latter stages & if he had fought confidently earlier he could have won.

Dan Rafael of ESPN (of whom I'm not a fan but he knows his stuff) had Froch winning so there's another pointless exercise of naming someone famous to try to back up your view.

It. Was. A. Close. Fight. It. Could. Have. Gone. Either. Way.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
                    I believe he has the skills to beat Ward but Ward has a Hagler like tunnel vision.
                    I don't think he'll ever fight Ward...after the cancellation of the scheduled fight they were both acting like they weren't interested in making it happen any time soon...

I also agree that Dirrell beat Froch, but it was a very sloppy fight

Comment

Working...
                    X