• Show
Clear All

• Donaire vs Rigondeaux

Who you got?
    Donaire
    57.14%
    Rigondeaux
    42.86%

Donaire in an ugly looking 8-4, 7-5 type decision that will have everyone that picked Rigondeaux screaming that Donaire is overrated.

Comment

i just screwed up on the poll and chose donaire instead of rigondeaux. just got out of bed and i have flu so i'll blame it on that. i haven't got a sore toe though, if that makes any difference...

Comment

If I'm going to bet my house....it will be on Donaire.

Comment

ok obviously this fight ain't happening right now especially after the WV2 fight...

Comment

Rigo has better footwork and boxing ability, I'll go with him

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Donaire in an ugly looking 8-4, 7-5 type decision that will have everyone that picked Rigondeaux screaming that Donaire is overrated.
              lmao

If these guys fought next, I'd have to lean towards Nonito. But I truly believe in Rigo's talents. I think Guillermo has the potential to be the man at 122 and 126 (now that Gamboa's moving up).

Comment

Is this some sort of joke ?!??? Hmmmm?? Nonito beats him even with one hand. Rigo is nothing. Who has he fought? nobody. Nonito is one some ATG status level.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                  Is this some sort of joke ?!??? Hmmmm?? Nonito beats him even with one hand. Rigo is nothing. Who has he fought? nobody. Nonito is one some ATG status level.
                  You're right; Rigo hasn't fought anyone. But that doesn't mean he's "nothing." He's generally considered one of the greatest amateur boxers of all time, winning nearly every one of his four hundred bouts. His two Olympic gold medals are hard to overlook. Freddie Roach would agree; he took on Guillermo from the moment the Cuban defected. The famed coach wanted "El Chacal" to challenge for a world championship after only a couple of fights. Even if you didn't know any of this, Rigondeaux's talents and skills are pretty evident.

I agree that Nonito's a terrific fighter and far more accomplished on a professional level than Rigo. But what has Donaire done to merit ATG status? Who has he defeated that merits that kind of statement? Some day Nonito might be an ATG...today is not that day.

Comment

Donaire would win.

Comment

Working...
                    X