Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Rigo beats Flash would he be the FASTEST rising BOXER of all time??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silky Smooth View Post
    Top Rank doesn't make the fights that have to be made, they make the fights that fit their business agenda. Nonito is their rising star and I think they believe they are putting him in with a guy he will beat.
    Sometimes they do though. Rigondeaux is hardly known. The risk reward isn't on the side of Donaire.

Comment

Wilfredo Benitez

Mike Tyson

Fernando Vargas

David Reid

All these guy had wayyyy more hype then Rigo, who isnt really that hyped at all
      Last edited by Russian Crushin; 02-22-2013, 02:05 PM.

Comment

I don't think anybody's beating Spinks' record anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
          I can't remember someone having so much hype after just a few fights and even if they did I can't remember someone actually getting a shot at the top dog in such small amount of fights?? (11 fights total for Rigo)

Could we be looking at the NEW way boxing will be ran?? has boxing taken a page out of UFC where kats come in and a few fights later they are champions??? no longer will 25-35 fights be necessary before kats start to get shots for legitimate title in boxing??

Do you like this type of handling of a fighter????

whachugot???
          32 years old with 11 fights? Would he be the FASTEST rising BOXER of all time?? Come on son!!

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            I don't think anybody's beating Spinks' record anytime soon.
            Nope, plus he actually beat the HW champ, not a paper title holder

Comment

Originally posted by Ve Ri Tas View Post
              32 years old with 11 fights? Would he be the FASTEST rising BOXER of all time?? Come on son!!
              why are you equating age as a factor?? im talking experience in PRO fights...

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Nope, plus he actually beat the HW champ, not a paper title holder
                You saying Nonito is a paper champ??? hmmmm do explain...I might like where this is going.....

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
                  You saying Nonito is a paper champ??? hmmmm do explain...I might like where this is going.....
                  He's not a paper champ but he's not the champ of the division, this fight will determine that

When i said that i was referring to other fighters being paper champ quickly

Comment

It's not just a few fights. He's one of the most accomplished amateurs ever and only got delayed turning pro over political reasons.

Comment

Holyfield beat Dwight Muhammad Qawi in his 12th fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X