No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words" - Bernard Hopkins Won With Table Talk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words" - Bernard Hopkins Won With Table Talk

by David P. Greisman - He head butts, seemingly unintentionally, definitely otherwise. He crashes the point of his hip into his opponent’s body before initiating a clinch. He punches his opponent’s legs while the referee stands on the opposite side.

Bernard Hopkins knows the tricks. He also knows the trade.

He is a technically proficient fighter whose timing is still there on offense, whose reflexes are still there on defense, who does all the little things that add science to the simple premise of hit and don’t get hit. He is tough. He is strong.

He is smart.

For all of his physical abilities, it is Hopkins’ mental game that has made him victorious, a lock for the Hall of Fame with more than 50 wins, with a run that saw him win a title belt at 160 pounds in 1995 and not relinquish it for a decade until 20 fights later, with a career that has included championships won at middleweight and light heavyweight.

It is his mental game that has made him durable, a 46-year-old man who can compete and defeat men two decades his junior in large part due to his conditioning and his strategy. He knows he must approach each training camp with discipline and dedication, and he knows that he must approach these fights differently than he would have when he was younger. [Click Here To Read More]

Bernard Hopkins showed why he is one of the best fighters of all time by beating a champion in his prime, and he did it in dudes hometown.

Comment

Hopkins looked great. I feel sorry for Roy Jones though. He was one of the greats, that was another scary knockout. Someone should really talk to him before he gets hurt bad.

Comment

Fantastic article enjoyed every word.

Comment

Great article!

and lol @ "ladies and sisters!"

Comment

What I want to hear is his toughts on elite AA fighters fighting Pacquiao.

Comment

tight read ...."Manny whatever happened to protect yourself at all times" LMAO...dope line for a anti-condom campaign!!

Comment

Originally posted by komandante View Post
                What I want to hear is his toughts on elite AA fighters fighting Pacquiao.
                Ill give it to you now,Pacquiao is owned by arum what he says goes no matter what pacquiao thinks or not,he is a terrific fighter that could light up 140 but arum sees different he sees a cash cow that will generate him millions of dollars,the fight game is a business first and arum cashes in on that,not to mention pac is toooo nice no trash talk nothing i honestly cannot understand why he is so big.Honestly both him and floyd grew legacy off of Ricky Hatton.

Comment

Was that really Bernard singing his entrance song? I don't think so.

It sounded like the same guy (some old white dude) who sang it for the Roy fight:

Comment

Definitely a great win. Pascal may be in his prime, but he just doesn't impress. I'm sure he will be a champion again though, because there are so many belts out there.

Comment

Working...
                    X