No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan: We're Looking at Zab Judah and Robert Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan: We're Looking at Zab Judah and Robert Guerrero

WBA light welterweight champion Amir Khan is searching for a new opponent after a planned unification fight with Timothy Bradley fell apart. Khan signed a contract to fight the WBC and WBO champion on July 23rd with the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas pencilled in. However, the American is reportedly in dispute with his promoter and waiting for his contract to run out next month before searching for alternative opponent.

[Click Here To Read More]

Zab Tweeted earlier that he doesn't want Amir. He is looking for "bigger" fights... who can he fight at 140 or 147 that is bigger than Amir?

Comment

Stop running out there, Zab. Stop running, baby.

Comment

guerrero most probably...they're both gbp fighters.

Comment

Both very risky fights IMO

Zab has the power to hurt Amir and the boxing skills to actually land early (he was landing on Mayweather and Cotto pretty well early) before he inevitably quits mentally later on in the fight. Either Zab wins via early KO, or Khan UD's/stops him late

And Guerrero is a very high risk:low reward fight. He has great boxing skills and is definitely big enough to be a 140lber. But even if Khan beats him, people will just say he beat a lightweight (so i think Zab is the better fight in that sense)

Comment

Neither Judah or Guerrero will be a walk in the park for Khan. But atleast they're both a step up from McCloskey. Hopefully they don't "price themselves" out LOL. I can see Guerrero signing to fight pretty easy, but I don't think Judah is going to want to play the "more money then you made in your last fight" game.

What Bradley does next (choosing his PR company) will be crucial to whether he fights Khan next or not. If he decides to go with GBP (which realistically I think he should) then I would think they would be eager to make that fight next for him. If he goes with TR, seems like we could kiss any chances of a Bradley/Khan fight (or Bradley vs a lot of good 140lb choices) goodbye. Sucks that Arum has put such a stranglehold on these fighters choices. Sign with TR = possible match up with Pac -sign with GBP = there goes the chances of fighting Pac or any other TR fighters. As I've said before, that SOB Arum is holding boxing for ransom. It's criminal, I tell ya.

Comment

Ithink guerrero would be a good fight for khan after the way he wooped katsidis and took his punches well i reckon he'd kick king con's ass

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
                Neither Judah or Guerrero will be a walk in the park for Khan. But atleast they're both a step up from McCloskey. Hopefully they don't "price themselves" out LOL. I can see Guerrero signing to fight pretty easy, but I don't think Judah is going to want to play the "more money then you made in your last fight" game.

What Bradley does next (choosing his PR company) will be crucial to whether he fights Khan next or not. If he decides to go with GBP (which realistically I think he should) then I would think they would be eager to make that fight next for him. If he goes with TR, seems like we could kiss any chances of a Bradley/Khan fight (or Bradley vs a lot of good 140lb choices) goodbye. Sucks that Arum has put such a stranglehold on these fighters choices. Sign with TR = possible match up with Pac -sign with GBP = there goes the chances of fighting Pac or any other TR fighters. As I've said before, that SOB Arum is holding boxing for ransom. It's criminal, I tell ya.
                That won't be an issue because GBP deal with that stuff in America.

Comment

I think both fights would be interesting.but i prefer to see judah against khan.

Comment

he won't fight either guy. too risky for little reward.

Comment

Working...
                    X