Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis is one of the most underrated champions of all times. Shame shame shame.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
    Sure, I already commented on that in other thread where I said Vitali is not that durable fighter in sense his body somehow weak. I don't think he is weak but his body if that makes sense.

His skin cuts easily (that's what lennox marked as his biggest flaw) and he is prone to injuries (I don't know if this has something with his early kickboxing career, but it's not even important).

He might be cut as well in other heavy fights but I think he learned a lot from lennox fight - he was just too aggressive in that fight. He was trading all the time - even with bad cut not holding up at any moment. I think his tactics was all wrong - especially after he got that cut, but well he was inexperienced and that's mainly why I say that wasn't prime Vitali...

He learned how to fight smart. Most recent example is Chisorra fight, where he injured his left hand and still was able to win comfortably by picking his punches and holding up...
    Hmmm.. . So what will you say was Prime Vitali? In your opinion?

Comment

• Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
      atleast he is not to scarred to fight into his thirties
      Lewis fought until 38..... He was 2 months away from his 38th birthday lol.

Before you fuk tards open your mouths about Lennox. Let's see Floyd at 38.. Let's see Wlad at 38.. Let's see Pacquaio at 38. Wait and see.

You easily age over night when you are in your late 30's.. Let's wait and see.

Comment

• Well. I guess he isn't under rated after all.
        He's rated right where he's suppose to be resume wise.
        H2H Wise he's definitely top 3-5.

Comment

• Great thread from a great poster. Lennox is indeed underrated.
          I have him as the Goat.

Comment

• It's all subjective I think you can make a case for Anywhere from 3-10, and you you wouldn't be wrong.

A lot of ignorance in this thread though.

Yes he lost twice , he avenged those and you can argue he didnt clearly beat an ATG in their absolute prime, but he beat 3 at least.

geez, here's a guy that made very good, super dangerous guys like a prime Tua, Ruddock and Golata just look ordinary.

Two guys had a mental breakdown fighting him. No one in history handles Lennox with ease, and on his day he beats every HW that ever fought.
            Last edited by Furn; 12-29-2012, 08:28 AM.

Comment

• Top 3 all time.

In all honesty, Lennox at his best beats any HW, ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                Top 3 all time.

In all honesty, Lennox at his best beats any HW, ever.

I agree ^^^^^^^^^.

Comment

• He fought when the HW division was no longer golden..Even when Tyson peaked it was no longer golden. His chin was below avg..I would go as far to say that it was weak. He was good but as far as calling him underated..no I would say he is overated..My man couldnt put away a past his prime Holyfield..Do you really think he would of done well againts a prime Tyson, Foreman, or Holmes?..

Comment

• Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
                    He fought when the HW division was no longer golden..Even when Tyson peaked it was no longer golden. His chin was below avg..I would go as far to say that it was weak. He was good but as far as calling him underated..no I would say he is overated..My man couldnt put away a past his prime Holyfield..Do you really think he would of done well againts a prime Tyson, Foreman, or Holmes?..
                    Lmao.. that's not how things work.
                    Larry Holmes couldn't even KO an PAST PRIME CORPSE VERSION of Ali...
                    Lennox dominated elite Holyfield for 10 of 12 rounds in the first fight and won 7 in the 2nd fight.
                    Total: 17 of 24 rounds.
                    Who are you to say how past prime Holyfield was? He was no longer prime, but still elite.. I trust the boxing writers and insiders more than I trust you.
                    Lewis's resume is great because you combine all the 'good' and 'very good' fighters he beat.. He didn't have the chance that Ali did because he wasn't in that era.
                    You think guys like Quarry would have been tough fighters against Lewis? If Lewis was in the 60's and 70's era.. people would have though he was some kind of Black God send from the Heavens above to punishment everyone for their sins.. 6'5 244...... he would have crushed the vast majority of the 60's.

Lewis would have went through George Foreman's resume like a big hard knife through soft wet butter.

Also, Vitali is a HEAVY WEIGHT ATG. It is what it is.. He might have won some early rounds against old Lewis, but he still got stopped and every non bias fan without AN AGENDA can tell Lennox was coming on in the 6th..... That is a massive win for old Lewis.
                    Tyson's prime was so short it's nearing myth status ..... lmao.. why will anyone be scared of Prime Tyson. You can take a really long dump and walk out the restroom and Tyson's prime was over.
                    Last edited by Skittlez; 12-29-2012, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                      Lmao.. that's not how things work.
                      Larry Holmes couldn't even KO an PAST PRIME CORPSE VERSION of Ali...
                      Lennox dominated elite Holyfield for 10 of 12 rounds in the first fight and won 7 in the 2nd fight.
                      Total: 17 of 24 rounds.
                      Who are you to say how past prime Holyfield was? He was no longer prime, but still elite.. I trust the boxing writers and insiders more than I trust you.
                      Lewis's resume is great because you combine all the 'good' and 'very good' fighters he beat.. He didn't have the chance that Ali did because he wasn't in that era.
                      You think guys like Quarry would have been tough fighters against Lewis? If Lewis was in the 60's and 70's era.. people would have though he was some kind of Black God send from the Heavens above to punishment everyone for their sins.. 6'5 244...... he would have crushed the vast majority of the 60's.

Lewis would have went through George Foreman's resume like a big hard knife through soft wet butter.

Also, Vitali is a HEAVY WEIGHT ATG. It is what it is.. He might have won some early rounds against old Lewis, but he still got stopped and every non bias fan without AN AGENDA can tell Lennox was coming on in the 6th..... That is a massive win for old Lewis.
                      Tyson's prime was so short it's nearing myth status ..... lmao.. why will anyone be scared of Prime Tyson. You can take a really long dump and walk out the restroom and Tyson's prime was over.
                      -Larry Holmes took it easy on Ali, he didnt want to hurt him, Holmes was Alis sparring partner for years..
                      -Holyfield was past his prime, now the only reason why you can call him elite is because the HW division was and still is so weak. Anytime you have a MW that can go up to the HW division and actually win..that tells you alot of how strong the HW is..
                      -Lewis..beat Foreman..come on dude..Lewis got knock out by a drug addict..and got KO'ed by Rahman..who was ok but not great..his chin was weak.
                      -A prime Tyson would of murdered Lewis..How can you call Vitali an ATG?..well everyone has the right to there opinion..but the weakest division in boxing is the HW division..when was the last time that there was a HW PPV event..there is no talent there..its been like that for over 20 years..

Comment

Working...
                      X