Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When people start saying Floyd is ducking the lineal MW champ you know he is great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
    Floyd is at the tail end of his career. He doesn't need Martinez for his resume. He doesn't need Guerrero or Canelo for his resume either. He's a first ballot hall of famer and an ATG with or without the 3.

Whatever he does is just the cherry on top.
    He does not need them (although that also depends how responsible Floyd is with his money), but I do think a Martinez fight could be good for boxing in a way.

I know you don't agree, but I do think it would still be a compelling fight even at 154 as long as Martinez gets the time he requests to lose weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
      He's also said a Martinez fight is possible at a CW, which Martinez has offered as long as he is given time to lose the weight.

He also fought JMM at a CW above the JWW limit even though JMM had never fought above LW up to that point.
      Martinez actually offered a catchweight of 150 a couple years ago now and Floyd said ok when asked in a random interview. That would be fcking awful and would be the worst thing he could do IMO

160 or bust if Floyd wanted any credit at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
        Floyd has ducked no 1..He hasnt fought top rank fighters and it is quite clear why and we have been over this 1000 times..and what jww are you claiming he is ducking now??
        Bumsniff, sniffty sniff dirty arse sniffing nonsense. Give this shit up Larry, you are acting like a nobhead in the extreme. A grown dude acting like a Bieber fan. twat.

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
          Bumsniff, sniffty sniff dirty arse sniffing nonsense. Give this shit up Larry, you are acting like a nobhead in the extreme. A grown dude acting like a Bieber fan. twat.
          Trust me Larry knows what Floyd is. And always has been! :WORD:
          Last edited by PAC-BOY; 12-26-2012, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
            He does not need them (although that also depends how responsible Floyd is with his money), but I do think a Martinez fight could be good for boxing in a way.

I know you don't agree, but I do think it would still be a compelling fight even at 154 as long as Martinez gets the time he requests to lose weight.
            Good for boxing? Boxing will move on without Pacquiao, without Martinez, without Mayweather, etc.

Mayweather/Delahoya was the fight to save boxing, remember that? Nothing changed.

Comment

• So who's the one talking about Floyd all the time again?

Comment

Martinez actually offered a catchweight of 150 a couple years ago now and Floyd said ok when asked in a random interview. That would be fcking awful and would be the worst thing he could do IMO

Martinez was at 157 for the weigh-in of the Macklin fight, so a CW of around 156 would not be bad. I don't see why he couldn't get credit for that.

I would still give him credit for a fight at 154, so long as he gives Martinez the requested amount of time. I imagine a fair number of people wouldn't and fair number still would. 150 would really really be stretching it though.

They offered 150 this year along with an 80-20 split. It would likely be a bit different now (maybe they'd only go down 152 now), but I don't imagine the offer would be tremendously different: http://www.boxingscene.com/dibella-m...artinez--50757

Comment

Martinez was at 157 for the weigh-in of the Macklin fight, so a CW of around 156 would not be bad. I don't see why he couldn't get credit for that.

I would still give him credit for a fight at 154, so long as he gives Martinez the requested amount of time. I imagine a fair number of people wouldn't and a fair number still would. 150 would really really be stretching it though.

They offered 150 this year along with an 80-20 split. It would likely be a bit different now (maybe they'd only go down 152 now), but I don't imagine the offer would be tremendously different: http://www.boxingscene.com/dibella-m...artinez--50757

Comment

• I just don't see the fight happening. Floyd couldn't make 156, hell he can't even make 150 for a 154 fight.

Comment

Floyd is at the tail end of his career. He doesn't need Martinez for his resume. He doesn't need Guerrero or Canelo for his resume either. He's a first ballot hall of famer and an ATG with or without the 3.

Whatever he does is just the cherry on top.
                      Looking at who Floyd has fought in the last 5 years or so, one can't give it a thumbs up. It would be more of a thumbs down. So Floyd would need to improve it somehow in that department. I agree that Guerrero nor Canelo would do much for him as they are not established yet to mean much for Floyd. Martinez would but being that it would not happen for another year, it may not mean much either.

So like I said, Floyd is now stuck in this department.

but if you are satisfied at just seeing Floyd get into the HOF then Floyd can continue doing what he has and fight someone who just has a couple of fights at WW or a guy who we have yet to see fight established opponents.

Comment

Working...
                      X