Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vanes Eyes Knockout: I Don't Think Lara's Chin is Good!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    That's usually what happens when you're used to a fighter getting their opponents out in less than 4 rounds.

Im not saying you do, but let's say you like Deontay Wilder and all of the sudden he's matched up vs a tough journeyman so that he could get some rounds in (cause he seriously needs) but he doesn't KO the dude. Im pretty sure you will think he didn't look himself or will feel disappointed in him.
    I think your right,I also think my opinion of Hernandez has something to do with it as well...Lara did look ok,but I agree his defense looked a lil shaky..Holding his hands up to much imo,not enough head movement or body movement...But overall I think you hit it right on the head...

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      I think your right,I also think my opinion of Hernandez has something to do with it as well...Lara did look ok,but I agree his defense looked a lil shaky..Holding his hands up to much imo,not enough head movement or body movement...But overall I think you hit it right on the head...
      Maybe some of these people's opinions are getting to your head too... About Berto KOing Hernandez in 1. Just cause Lara or any boxer doesn't have the power or speed of Berto doesn't mean they're a lesser fighter or makes the opponent a bum.

Comment

This is going to be a very good fight. Can't wait.

Comment

I'm excited to see who wins this fight, but overall I think the fight will be boring.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            I'm excited to see who wins this fight, but overall I think the fight will be boring.
            Both guys supposedly want the KO, and both guys have KO power, so I think it's gonna be a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              Both guys supposedly want the KO, and both guys have KO power, so I think it's gonna be a good one.
              We'll see.

I don't think Vanes has KO power though, but hopefully they come to fight.

Vanes has the type of power to hurt someone but not KO them to where they go to sleep. More like the ref stops the fight making it a TKO.

I see Lara doing a lot of sticking and moving with Vanes getting hit a lot and landing a few here and there but nothing that will do damage.

I hope for a good fight though. We'll see.

Comment

We'll see.

I don't think Vanes has KO power though, but hopefully they come to fight.

Vanes has the type of power to hurt someone but not KO them to where they go to sleep. More like the ref stops the fight making it a TKO.

I see Lara doing a lot of sticking and moving with Vanes getting hit a lot and landing a few here and there but nothing that will do damage.

I hope for a good fight though. We'll see.

I thought it was going to be a good fight during the 1st few rounds then they decided to prove me right

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  What did you end up thinking about the fight?

Comment

What did you end up thinking about the fight?
                    I thought that Lara didn't work his right hook enough. Vanes did a decent job of applying pressure, while Lara used his feet to avoid punches. He didn't do enough countering. I predicted a late stoppage by Lara, and it was possibly heading in that direction. Vanes was starting to fatigue physically/mentally and Lara was starting to find the target more consistently. I don't think it was a boring fight necessarily, just more tactical than we were hoping for. Lara respected Vanes's power, therefore he didn't take as many risks until he was sure he would land whatever he threw. Had he thrown 10-12 more punches per round, people wouldn't have felt that it was boring.

Comment

Working...
                    X