• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who???????????

Comment

War Matrix! lets get it!!

Comment

Dirrell is a real talent, probably one of the most talented out there.

Laser Jab
        Blinding Speed
        Good pop in his punches
        Excellent footwork
        Slick, and I mean really slick
        Technically gifted
        Can throw in combnations

But his heart is his downfall and chin is more than likely suspect, the performance against Froch though at times made Froch look like **** was also marred by hugging and falling over, and refusing to engage.

The things that really stand out are his speed and his head movement and overall movement to defend himself.

I mean he really is the Matrix when he did stand straight infront of Froch on the ropes he would slip punches effortlessly.

Also he really hurt Froch in that fight witht he left, and Froch's chin is granite, Froch backed up like never before so we know he has pop in his punches when he sits on them.

I've never seen someones face open up like Mike Pascall's did against Dirrell.

Dirrell really need to step it up and show at the moment when his skills aren't going to win him a fight that he can find a way to win.

He beats anyone not called Ward and that includes Pascal and Dawson at 175.

Comment

They still call Andre Dirrell a prospect?

Comment

Originally posted by SPREAD View Post
            But his heart is his downfall and chin is more than likely suspect...
            That's the one thing I would like to see him develop, toughness. He needs to get more "junkyard dog" into his personality.

Comment

Dirrell is a real talent, probably one of the most talented out there.

Laser Jab
              Blinding Speed
              Good pop in his punches
              Excellent footwork
              Slick, and I mean really slick
              Technically gifted
              Can throw in combnations

But his heart is his downfall and chin is more than likely suspect, the performance against Froch though at times made Froch look like **** was also marred by hugging and falling over, and refusing to engage.

The things that really stand out are his speed and his head movement and overall movement to defend himself.

I mean he really is the Matrix when he did stand straight infront of Froch on the ropes he would slip punches effortlessly.

Also he really hurt Froch in that fight witht he left, and Froch's chin is granite, Froch backed up like never before so we know he has pop in his punches when he sits on them.

I've never seen someones face open up like Mike Pascall's did against Dirrell.

Dirrell really need to step it up and show at the moment when his skills aren't going to win him a fight that he can find a way to win.

He beats anyone not called Ward and that includes Pascal and Dawson at 175.

i agree with most of what you said, but i'm not sold on dirrell beating all of the top guys. he'll give everybody some problems with his speed and power, though.

dirrell made froch look like a complete amateur for good portions of their fight. he really tee'd off on him a few times, and 100% had him stunned. that said, he behaved like an amateur himself, with the holding, and even worse, flopping to the ground to avoid punishment. eventually a ref should start counting if a fighter adopts that tactic.

i had dirrell beating froch as he was the much more effective puncher, but if the judges wanted to flag him for being unprofessional i don't have a huge problem with it.

athletically dirrell has it all. he's one of the fastest fighters in the world when he's on the top of his game and at his most sharp. like you said, he gets leverage on his punches and can crack.

his chin is weak and he doesn't have a fighters constitution, and i think that's whats going to lead him to do less and lose close fights, or perhaps even get stopped.

and finally, if he took abraham's best punch flush on the jaw while on one knee, and then came up with a massive conspiracy to get out of the tournament, he's got an iron jaw
              iron. that was a flush bomb by arthur f#cking abraham. that would stop a cruiserweight.

dirrell was not faking that injury. he had no idea what was going on post fight.

Comment

Originally posted by eurochamp View Post
                They still call Andre Dirrell a prospect?

the dum dums might..

Comment

Dirrell is such a waste of talent. Get active already.

Comment

and chin is more than likely suspect
                    Originally posted by New England View Post
                    his chin is weak
                    Based on what? He got dropped as a prospect, just like Ward, and then he got dropped by a combination of a punch and tripping on Abraham's foot and he was fine. So I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      Based on what? He got dropped as a prospect, just like Ward, and then he got dropped by a combination of a punch and tripping on Abraham's foot and he was fine. So I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about.

he's shown a consistent tendency to shy away / cower from punishment. he'll go so far as to take a knee to avoid punches. he's got sound reflexes and speed, and isn't often bombed on, but i do get the impression that the punches bother him.
                      you really think andre dirrell has a good chin?

and finally, ward was dropped by darnell boone, a guy who has been in with everybody and has a stoppage win over adonis stevenson, and he wasn't much more than a year into his pro career.

Comment

Working...
                      X