No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shafikov vs. Albert Mensah Clash on 12/14 For IBF #2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shafikov vs. Albert Mensah Clash on 12/14 For IBF #2

According to local reports, confirmed by the sources in Mexico and the USA, undefeated Russian light welterweight Denis Shafikov (30-0-1, 17 KOs) will make his debut on American soil on December 14 at the yet-to-be-defined venue in California. IBF #13 Shafikov takes on IBF #7 Ghanaian Albert Mensah (25-3-1, 10 KOs) for the #2 spot in the IBF ranks. The fight has been already sanctioned as a semi-eliminator by the International Boxing Federation.

[Click Here To Read More]

Great fight. Shafikov is going to be a legit contender and major player in the division after this fight. If he wins of course, which I believe he will.

Comment

Shafikov is always fun to watch: fast combinations mid range and inside and excellent foot work. The only question really is his stamina. I highly recommend you watch the fight if you have the chance!

Comment

Mensah has the bigger names on his resume and his bout with katsidis was one of the top 10 fights this year, so i got his corner for this one.

Comment

This is going to be a good fight to watch Shafikov is a more versatile but Mensah is no gimme his fight w/Kats was great

Comment

Albert lost this fight mainly because he moved back to Ghana and lets face it, what world class fighters is he sparring with. The kid was looking good in the gyms of Chicago but after his fall out with former trainer Joseph Awinongya his career has went down hill.

I heard he looked very bad from multiple people in attendance.

Comment

Working...
            X