No announcement yet.

Schaefer refuses to make Malignaggi v Maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
    Neither deserves to be champion. Good call Golden Boy, Marcos got dominated against Alexander and Paulie might be the worst champ in all of boxing.
    Agreed. Paulie should rematch Cano. Maybe this time Cano can come in fit and in shape. Unlike last time.

Comment

Originally posted by McAlister View Post
      good.. paulie b1tch move backin out mosley fight..lol man up paulie... fk a 1 dimensional maidana
      Maidana > Mosley - 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        So who should fight Paulie then?
        Floyd .

Comment

Schaefer is full of BS. He is always bragging how he puts the best in with best to give the fans good fights and what ever happens, so be it. But he won't make a good fight between Maidana and Paulie when both fighters want it. He won't make a fight between Garcia and Matthysse when everybody wants that fight. He is a smart business man but unlike Arum who has good boxing knowledge Schaefer seems to have no understanding of the sport at all.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            Schaefer is full of BS. He is always bragging how he puts the best in with best to give the fans good fights and what ever happens, so be it. But he won't make a good fight between Maidana and Paulie when both fighters want it. He won't make a fight between Garcia and Matthysse when everybody wants that fight. He is a smart business man but unlike Arum who has good boxing knowledge Schaefer seems to have no understanding of the sport at all.
            Haha! Never knew Paulie v Maidana was best v best. Also never knew paulie was considered better opponent than lucas.

Comment

Schaefer is mad Paulie isn't sticking to their script. Feed Paulie to Mosley > Feed Mosley to Khan or Alexander > Tell everyone a star is born.

I wonder how much longer Paulie has on his contract? He should fight his mandatory and, if he wins, leave their asses.

Comment

GBP just boggles my mind.... They ALWAYS throw guys who could be stars to the wolves. Guys like Maidana who will put up a FOTY effort every night. Then a guy like Paulie who outside of New York, no cares about and never will. He has no power, his style is boring. Bt hes got charisma and a big mouth so he gets protected.

I didn't really form that paragraph how I wanted, but maybe someone will understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                  GBP just boggles my mind.... They ALWAYS throw guys who could be stars to the wolves. Guys like Maidana who will put up a FOTY effort every night. Then a guy like Paulie who outside of New York, no cares about and never will. He has no power, his style is boring. Bt hes got charisma and a big mouth so he gets protected.

I didn't really form that paragraph how I wanted, but maybe someone will understand it.
                  Man have you got that all wrong. They're not protecting him; they're trying to choose wisely who he will lose the belt to. The whole reason he has the belt is because they sent him to the Ukraine to try and take it. They had better fighters at 147, but they sent Paulie because he has no value and his career was done. If he lost fighting abroad, so what?

The belt is their return on their investment of signing him. That's why they want to be picky about who he's fighting. They wanted Mosley because they could have Mosley fight Khan, Ortiz, or Alexander fight Mosley and claim that whichever guy beats Mosley and has the belt is a new superstar.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    Schaefer is mad Paulie isn't sticking to their script. Feed Paulie to Mosley > Feed Mosley to Khan or Alexander > Tell everyone a star is born.

I wonder how much longer Paulie has on his contract? He should fight his mandatory and, if he wins, leave their asses.
                    Agreed. It's the belt's destination GBP are trying to control, they don't care about putting on a good fight.

Berto...Mosley...these guys don't deserve title shots. At least Maidana won his last fight at 147 against a good fighter who just beat Aydin and the fans want to see it, not a couple of roid cheats getting another bite at the cherry.
                    Last edited by Weebler I; 01-30-2013, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                      He wants to put lucas v maidana and you guys would rather have paulie v maidana?
                      Maidana vs Mathysse makes no sense right now!! If Mosley wants to fight so bad make him fight Maidana!!

Comment

Working...
                      X