No announcement yet.

Who is compelled to see Berto in mma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is compelled to see Berto in mma

Kids family is martial arts he has trained that way his entire life his brother fought in strikeforce i still believe if he fights at lightweight he wrecks the division he stops ben henderson and pettis only way i see him being beat is by a super fast wrestler and if he drops to to 45 he whoops aldos ass leg kicks are not going to stop pin point punches that mma guys dont throw.

Despite his family background I'd be surprised if he was able to stop the best guys in the division from taking him down and submitting him. No reason to think he has high level wrestling or BJJ.

When Hominick's striking was effective, Aldo was able to go to the ground and win the fight there. I just don't see Berto having better grappling than the other top strikers who have fallen short at the top level.
    Last edited by Clegg; 05-17-2013, 01:55 PM.

Comment

If he is brought up right, he can do very well. He should have about 8 fights with guys who arent UFC level first, and then start moving up in competition. If he were to go to the UFC directly, he would be taken down and submitted with ease.

Comment

If he trained MMA hard for about 2-3 years then he could have a shot apart from that he only has a punchers chance.

Comment

And also if he respects the sport, then I would want to see him compete. Or else, then I'd go with the Don Frye mentality and say that I hope someone submits him or breaks something to make him not be able to or want to compete in MMA anymore.

Comment

If he's beat in mma, does his victor get an automatic Mayweather shot?

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
              Kids family is martial arts he has trained that way his entire life his brother fought in strikeforce i still believe if he fights at lightweight he wrecks the division he stops ben henderson and pettis only way i see him being beat is by a super fast wrestler and if he drops to to 45 he whoops aldos ass leg kicks are not going to stop pin point punches that mma guys dont throw.

he would get annihilated by jose aldo and benson henderson. those are world class mma fighters. they'd outclass and stop him. it would be the same sort of outclassing berto would put on them if they were fighting with boxing rules.

unless you're regularly defending yourself against top flight take downs you cannot stay on your feet against a world class wrestler of your size. he will put you on your back. either that or he'll cave your knees in.

it's the same as boxing. if you aren't sparring with top fighters for many years you aren';t going to beat top pros in your pro fights.

Comment

Originally posted by almost View Post
                If he is brought up right, he can do very well. He should have about 8 fights with guys who arent UFC level first, and then start moving up in competition. If he were to go to the UFC directly, he would be taken down and submitted with ease.

unless he's got a very deep background, especially with wrestling [the basis of MMA,] he's not going to make an easy transition. he's too old. he's hit his physical peak, for sure.

it would be cool to see his handspeed with 4 oz gloves, though.

unless he's literalyl impossible to take down he won't be a successful MMA fighter. if he can somehow develop top defense from being taken down he will have a good chance of knocking people out spectacularly, but that will never happen.

Comment

jiu jitsu and submission wrestling are also bases of MMA. Or, at least, they help.

Comment

The base of MMA is jiujitsu, wrestling, and some variant of submission wrestling. Yeah.

Berto would get destroyed by any top fighter. He would probably get stopped by Guillard level journeymen as well. MMA is way different than boxing. The gloves create wreckless abandon offense. Why sit and box when 1 or 2 clean shots will put you to sleep?

Berto with a few years will be Sam Stout at best. Even then, he could get a few kayo losses. He doesn't exactly have the best chin. Nor has great head movement. Forget boxing-blocking with 4oz gloves on.

Comment

Working...
                    X