Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pawel Wolak: Raging Bull Reflects, Discusses Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pawel Wolak: Raging Bull Reflects, Discusses Retirement

By Mitch Abramson - It was a rare moment in a boxer’s career. Pawel Wolak and Delvin Rodriguez were both being honored for their dramatic fight on July 15. The charitable boxing organization, Ring 8, presented them with a 2011 “Fight of the Year” award at the annual awards luncheon on Dec. 18. There was just one glitch, however: only one-half of the award-winning duo bothered to show, with Wolak not attending. While he was flattered to garner such an honor, Wolak wasn’t in the mood to attend a boxing function. Just two weeks prior, Wolak stunned the boxing community by announcing his retirement from the sport, releasing a statement on his Facebook page and Twitter account. [Click Here To Read More]

Good read... I really respect Wolak's decision, but I think he'll be back for certain. But either way, he gave his all in the ring, and that's all that you can ask of a fighter.

Comment

hopefully he stays retired & neither he, nor Rodriguez suffers any permanent effects from 2 two bruising battles...Delvin needs to think about exiting soon, he's a fringe contender that alaways gives 100%, & u can't ask for more...

Comment

It might be easier for him all around, if he learned how to duck. He tried to walk through everything, but we all know how that ends. Every fight is a war and every war has a price.

Comment

this reminds me of john duddy's decision to retire earlier this year

he stated the same reasons lack of desire and not having the will to win

for fighters with limited skills like duddy and wolak what that basically means is they are tired of taking punishment at the hands of other more skilled athletes

juan diaz also retired but his case was slightly different in that he actually reached the level of world champion

wolak has shown tremendous heart in the ring and i can't imagine the sacrifices he has made along the way to get this far but it does seem a shame that he is packing it in before he has achieved anything

his style and heart would have made him a problem for alot of fighters my question is what the hell is he going to do now fighting is all he knows

i hope he is more successful in his new career than he was at boxing but he was unlike most boxers today exciting to watch and i wish him all the best fir the future

Comment

I hope he has a great retirement.

Comment

"Desire is half of Life, Indiffrence is half of Death", seems to apply here...

Comment

Working...
              X