Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nacho is Confident That He Can Help Change Chavez Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nacho is Confident That He Can Help Change Chavez Jr.

Veteran trainer Igancio "Nacho" Beristain is in dark about the future intentions of former WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-1-1, 32KOs). As previously reported, Chavez Jr. contacted Nacho a month ago to discuss the possibility of working together. The two of them were unable to agree on the money, with Chavez offering an amount that Nacho felt was too low.

[Click Here To Read More]

you already wrote about this story 3 days ago...get over it..why does he get some much attention anyone hes a drug and system cheat....

Comment

Chavez probably never got back to him when he heard hard work was going to be involved.

Comment

Chavez jr is a helllova fighter. He's big & strong & doesn't neglect the body. Nacho is right, he can't be sent in there to catch punches with his face. But Chavez is a pressure fighter so Nacho can't try to change him too much & render him ineffective.

Roach did excel at training these type fighters. But I don't believe Chavez respect Roach enough to gain the full benefit of that knowledge. Jr has got to understand that nacho is a world class trainer & to work with him you work as the pupil, not the boss.

With Nacho training him, Chavez can become the best middleweight in boxing, period.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
          Chavez probably never got back to him when he heard hard work was going to be involved.
          lmao so true

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            Chavez jr is a helllova fighter. He's big & strong & doesn't neglect the body. Nacho is right, he can't be sent in there to catch punches with his face. But Chavez is a pressure fighter so Nacho can't try to change him too much & render him ineffective.

Roach did excel at training these type fighters. But I don't believe Chavez respect Roach enough to gain the full benefit of that knowledge. Jr has got to understand that nacho is a world class trainer & to work with him you work as the pupil, not the boss.

With Nacho training him, Chavez can become the best middleweight in boxing, period.
            Roach is a great trainer as well. I don't know why people just discredit him completely. He is an offensive coach but he can also teach defense and movement but I wouldn't judge him based on the year he's had.

I think Jr's problem is simply that he's lazy and carries the Chavez name which has made him entire career. I'm not saying the kid isn't tough, or that he is just the result of his name but he's not put the work in necessary to be what everyone expects him to be.

Whether it's Roach, Nacho or Robert Garcia....he won't be good until he is truthful to himself and realizes that he needs to dedicate himself 100%.

Will he do that? I don't think so to be honest. I think the kid likes to party too much, he loves himself too much and in Mexico he is too popular. I could be wrong but I don't think I am.

Comment

all he has to do is put him in rehab....and buy him some boxers! The whole walking around the house with tight pink briefs on with a bunch of dudes in the house was a little weird. Nacho wont play that shlt!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                Roach is a great trainer as well. I don't know why people just discredit him completely. He is an offensive coach but he can also teach defense and movement but I wouldn't judge him based on the year he's had.

I think Jr's problem is simply that he's lazy and carries the Chavez name which has made him entire career. I'm not saying the kid isn't tough, or that he is just the result of his name but he's not put the work in necessary to be what everyone expects him to be.

Whether it's Roach, Nacho or Robert Garcia....he won't be good until he is truthful to himself and realizes that he needs to dedicate himself 100%.

Will he do that? I don't think so to be honest. I think the kid likes to party too much, he loves himself too much and in Mexico he is too popular. I could be wrong but I don't think I am.
                Roach is a great trainer. But he doesn't command that attention from his fighters. When Nacho is training you, you're gonna be at the gym at the appointed time. You're not gonna show up when you want & take days off whenever you feel. If Roach's fighters respected him more, they'd benefit far more from his wealth of knowledge.

Comment

Jr. has to hire him ASAP! It would bring instant credibility and he would at least be able to work on some things in the Macklin fight and have him ready for Sergio. Macklin's tough too so he really needs to get on the ball and call Nacho. **** he should of called him last week.

Comment

I don't think anyone will change him. The reality is Chavez Jr is a rich kid who grew up rich and didn't have to fight to make money. Think about it, would Chavez Jr even have gotten a shot at Martinez if he wasn't who he was? Don't get me wrong, Chavez Jr isn't the worst fighter in the world and I think he has / had potential, but he's gotta want to do it. Chavez Sr giving him tips isn't gonna do anything.

Hell, you wanna make Chavez Jr hungry? Have Chavez Sr take his tit out of his mouth and let him earn it the hard way (which obviously isn't happening in this lifetime).

Comment

Working...
                    X