Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch, Kessler, Johnson, Abraham - which fighters beat weight-drained 168 Dawson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted them all except Jermain Taylor, Glen Johnson & Allan Green.

I think people just need to accept the reality & that is Dawson just isn't as good as people give him credit for & his chin has never been brilliant.
    I'm not saying hes a bad fighter but IMO hes still living off that Adamek win who was quite possibly drained as hell.
    Sure Glen Johnson x2, Tarver x2 & B-Hop x2 look absolutely fantastic on paper but you've got to bare in mind that these guys at the time was all between 40/41 & 47!

IMO Froch, Kessler & co beat him at any weight. Same with Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
      Ward simply did not allow Dawson to get off,he confused him and embarrassed him
      Its because Dawson was weight drained.

Ward was unable to even KO Allen Green (or anyone else in the Super Six), while both Kessler and Johnson did KO Green.. yet he was able to make Chad Dawson quit (but it was called a TKO).. Why do you think that is? How could Green go the full distance with Ward, yet the much higher-skilled Dawson gets repeatedly dropped and quits.

Obviously it's because Dawson was weight-drained and just isn't the same fighter at 168 anymore, everything was diminished from speed, reflexes, reactions, stamina, punch resistance - everything! He was literally a sitting duck after the 3rd round because he was weight-drained.

I don't understand why some people are so reluctant to accept that fact.

Comment

Maybe Froch...maybe. Kessler is a joke and has always been, Abraham cant handle this weight, and johnson...

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
          Its because Dawson was weight drained.

Ward was unable to even KO Allen Green (or anyone else in the Super Six), while both Kessler and Johnson did KO Green.. yet he was able to make Chad Dawson quit (but it was called a TKO).. Why do you think that is? How could Green go the full distance with Ward, yet the much higher-skilled Dawson gets repeatedly dropped and quits.

Obviously it's because Dawson was weight-drained and just isn't the same fighter at 168 anymore, everything was diminished from speed, reflexes, reactions, stamina, punch resistance - everything! He was literally a sitting duck after the 3rd round because he was weight-drained.

I don't understand why some people are so reluctant to accept that fact.
          Not only weightdrained but also KOed by Miranda the previous week. No top fighter with decent pop would have lost to that version of Dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by NSB Know it all
            Ok well Dawson was never dropped and stopped by anyone and he fought everyone at LHW. Andre Ward is not a big puncher and has'nt stopped anybody. It's kind of a coincidence that Dawson gets stopped the one time he moves down is it? Are you in Dawsons body? Why do you say wwhat you say like you know what you are talking about? Your opinion has no more truth than what anyone else is saying because you don't know anymore than anyone else on this situsation. Stop saying things like it's a definate fact! You really don't know **** yourself. The weight did effect him and the outcome may have been different if he was'nt drained. leave it at that.

You have to atleast acknowledge every aspect before just commenting because than you look ignorant yourself.
            Except Dawson did say after the fight that the weight was not the reason he lost, and that is really all there is to it.

And explain this to me, if Dawson was soo weak and drained, why did he recover from the first knockdown and go on to fight hard the next 8 rounds ?

Kessler,abraham,froch have never been stoped and are all known for there thoughness.
            The allen green fight I think ward just wanted to slowly torture him and break him down psykological because of all the prefight venom coming from Greens mouth.
            And he did exactly that and green have been a wreck ever since

Put ward in there with lesser apponents you would be calling Ward the knockout king.
            Last edited by 110110110; 10-08-2012, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
              The allen green fight I think ward just wanted to slowly torture him and break him down psykological because of all the prefight venom coming from Greens mouth.

Put ward in there with lesser apponents you would be calling Ward the knockout king.
              Well, your take on the Green fight is an opinion without any evidence to substantiate. The logical conclusion is that Ward was unable to KO Green like Kessler and Johnson. He simply does not possess the same power as those two and his record in 26 fights attests to that.

But because Dawson was weight-drained he was ripe for being KO'd. In some ways the fact Ward didn't finish the job much earlier is more evidence towards his lack of power, arguably Froch, Kessler and Johnson would have ended it sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by NSB Know it all
                Kessler is a joke? WTF? Kessler beat Froch.
                He"s a troll. Dont feed him.

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
                  Except Dawson did say after the fight that the weight was not the reason he lost, and that is really all there is to it.

And explain this to me, if Dawson was soo weak and drained, why did he recover from the first knockdown and go on to fight hard the next 8 rounds ?

Kessler,abraham,froch have never been stoped and are all known for there thoughness.

I suggest reading what coach Scully said.

Comment

I think Kessler n Dirrell can win but doesnt they mean they will beat, i watched an uncomfortable Chad, Froch would be an easy target for that jab of dawson n would keep him away, Kessler can adjust a lil better so i see him giving him a good battle, n Dirrell would box smarter with skills n has a chance to beat him, but i dont see neither Kessler or Dirrell schooling Dawson like Ward did lol, daily i see a new thread of some against Ward, Pacquiao, lots of haters out here, obviously the weight affected Dawson he hadnt been under 175 in years lol, but he was school so easy that Ward will do it the same way at 175

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      I suggest reading what coach Scully said.
                      True, that crossed my mind earlier too, coach Scully even hinted quite a few times before the fight that there was a possibility Dawson would be weight-drained, simply because Dawson was going back down to 168 after being settled at 175 for a long time, so Dawson's reaction to the weight fluctuation was indeterminable. He was on a few radio shows being interviewed when I heard his take.

Comment

Working...
                      X