No announcement yet.

Guys kills cop and gets acquitted of murder charges

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys kills cop and gets acquitted of murder charges

The City of Laval, Que., is countersuing a Montreal South Shore resident who shot and killed one of its police officers during a drug raid on his home 3½ years ago.
    Const. Daniel Tessier, a 17-year veteran of the force, was shot in the head by Basil Parasiris. Const. Daniel Tessier, a 17-year veteran of the force, was shot in the head by Basil Parasiris. (Laval Police)

The $1.25-million lawsuit, filed in February, follows one that Basil Parasiris launched against the police force and government after a raid on his home in 2007 resulted in Const. Daniel Tessier's death.

Laval believes there is enough evidence to pursue Parasiris for damages related to funeral expenses, overtime and sick leave, said Const. Franco Di Genova.

Parasiris shot Tessier point blank during the raid, mistakenly thinking he was an intruder threatening his wife and children.

The father of two was later acquitted of murder charges by a jury after he argued self-defence. The warrant used in the raid was deemed to be illegal.

After he finished serving a sentence for illegal weapons possession earlier this year, Parasiris sued the Laval force and the Quebec government for $1.5 million in damages. No court date has been set yet.

Police officers from the Laval and Longueuil forces were carrying out numerous search warrants in Laval and Brossard when the shooting occurred.

Link:
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...parasiris.html

You can google more about this story.

honestly f edwin valero was still alive n i was on the jury i wud vote NOT GUILTY just cuz i'm a huge fan.

Comment

Originally posted by *Boss* View Post
      Parasiris shot Tessier point blank during the raid, mistakenly thinking he was an intruder threatening his wife and children.
      Is it really a mistakenly when a bunch of guys invade your house wearing black with automatic weapons knock your door down in the middle of the night?

The criminal thugs got lucky only one of their gang was killed.

Comment

Working...
      X