Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i think lennox could beat ali.. lennox= greatest HW ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think lennox could beat ali.. lennox= greatest HW ever?

i think lennox is the greatest heavyweight the world has ever seen... (yes better then the klitschkos, im a klitschko fan.. and even i know lennox is superior to both brothers)

he could of probably dominated the 70s.... he would of beat ali, foreman, etc. etc.

he just fought in the weak era, like the klits....

Lennox would give Ali trouble no doubt, but I don't think he would beat him, Ali's faster with better footwork and would probably outbox him to a decision, he would make a large target for Ali's accurate punching, Ali tended to struggle more with smaller fighters who provided less of a target and were slicksters ie Norton, Young. I also don't think he beats Foreman, you need a tough chin for that, Foreman wasn't some slow plodding fighter he had deceptive speed as mentioned in an earlier thread and could cut the ring on his opponents well. Interesting match ups though.

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
      Lennox would give Ali trouble no doubt, but I don't think he would beat him, Ali's faster with better footwork and would probably outbox him to a decision, he would make a large target for Ali's accurate punching, Ali tended to struggle more with smaller fighters who provided less of a target and were slicksters ie Norton, Young. I also don't think he beats Foreman, you need a tough chin for that, Foreman wasn't some slow plodding fighter he had deceptive speed as mentioned in an earlier thread and could cut the ring on his opponents well. Interesting match ups though.
      He'd have given Ali and any other ATG heavy about as much trouble as he gave McCall in 94 and Rahman in April of 2001.

Comment

Great round of boxing

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
          He'd have given Ali and any other ATG heavy about as much trouble as he gave McCall in 94 and Rahman in April of 2001.
          Lol I laughed at your post, but come on arent you underrating Lewis a bit? those were off nights and he beat them in rematches.
          moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

ALI ALI absolutely, ad finitum.

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
              Lol I laughed at your post, but come on arent you underrating Lewis a bit? those were off nights and he beat them in rematches.
              Lewis was a good heavyweight, but not an ATG heavyweight. I think that every name in your sig beats him and beats him handily, prime for prime, with the big punchers on the list winning by KO.

ATG's out of prime? Yeah, he can beat them. Most top contenders, yeah he could probably beat them. But as far as GREATS go, I feel that he falls short of their caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                Using two defeats as evidence to support your argument (which you don't supply) whilst ignoring a fully-focussed Lewis' easy wins over both is not very convincing and a classic example of confirmation bias.

Anyone can stack the decks against a fighter by using examples that are not representative of his entire career. As reasoning goes it is worthless and appears suggestive of a need to deceive oneself.

I could just as easily say Pacquaio will give Floyd Mayweather about as much trouble as he gave Torrecampo or Singsurat. But who am I trying to convince - you or me?
                moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingking500 View Post
                  i think lennox is the greatest heavyweight the world has ever seen... (yes better then the klitschkos, im a klitschko fan.. and even i know lennox is superior to both brothers)

he could of probably dominated the 70s.... he would of beat ali, foreman, etc. etc.

he just fought in the weak era, like the klits....
                  I disagree with almost everything you said except that Lewis is greater than both Klitschkos.

I don't think Lewis beats Ali and I can see a fight against Foreman going both ways. Lewis has brawled with opponents like Mercer and Vitali. If he tried this against Foreman he would not survive this. Otherwise he would for sure give Foreman a brutal boxing lesson.

And Lewis' era in HW boxing is one of the best era's in history man.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugwump View Post
                    Using two defeats as evidence to support your argument (which you don't supply) whilst ignoring a fully-focussed Lewis' easy wins over both is not very convincing and a classic example of confirmation bias.

Anyone can stack the decks against a fighter by using examples that are not representative of his entire career. As reasoning goes it is worthless and appears suggestive of a need to deceive oneself.

I could just as easily say Pacquaio will give Floyd Mayweather about as much trouble as he gave Torrecampo or Singsurat. But who am I trying to convince - you or me?
                    I agree - Pacquiao has taken a page out of the book of Lewis and waited for opportune times to face big name opposition.

I have already heard your sorry defense of Lennox Lewis so there is no need to go over it again. The guy made a thread saying Lewis is the greatest of all time, and you comment on what I said? That's what's most shocking to me. Talk about being bias. This kid should be red K'd and flamed to death yet you come to me to defend Lennox Lewis - that to me is laughable.

Comment

Working...
                    X