James' journal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James' journal

Trained tuesday BJJ:

Did well, tapped a guy that was much better than me... improving with my open guard and with my hooks. Also defended gi chokes better than last time but still got caught a few times... Did extremely well rolling with others. Techniques we worked were sweep and gi choke from open guard with hooks in on one side. Great training day.

Wednesday trained BJJ:

Good day as well. Worked same moves as on tuesday, when rolling live did well against a high level bjjer who whoops on me. Stayed alive for a while before getting caught. Was pretty even with another guy who I think I can beat.

Thursday: Didn't go to BJJ because of snow... just weightrained.

Approx. weight: 185 lbs.

The next entries in my journal will be alot better than these... just getting started.

-James

Woohoo someone else did their own journal and I don't look like a ass anymore. 185 damn, middle weights. Keep up the good work. Pretty soon I'll be light heavy weight. So watch out.

Comment

I know nothing about bjj trainin, I nothing of any value to add ...sorry lol

Comment

Took all week off from training (didn't take off from weightraining though) because of work.

Tonight (thursday) I am going to a David Adiv workshop.... details tomorrow. David Adiv is a blackbelt under Royler Gracie.

Comment

David Adiv seminar was great, worked my hooks really well. That was thursday.

Friday I did a private session with my instructor which also went very well. Went over some basic escapes that I needed work on.

Monday I start weightraining with my boss, so I no longer will be training alone. He's going to push me to the limit and get me jacked up. I also plan training no-gi monday.

Took the weekend off.

Approx weight: 185 lbs.

Comment

You will find that you will lift heavier with a partner, partially as you will have a spotter, but also, you will no doubt try to compete a bit and not be lifting too much less than him! This is a good thing I think, you will get some good strength gains

Comment

seldomTap you are correct. He's 40 years old and an ex-professional bodybuilder, so he's quite the large fellow. I don't expect to be lifting as much as him anytime soon, but he will surely help my strength gains in leaps and bounds.

Comment

Lifted this morning with boss, it went very well.

Then after lifting/work I went to the morning BJJ class and did ok, worked some moves. Today was no-gi. My ****ing knee popped out again which sucks, but I'm alright.

Comment

I forgot approx. weight: 185

Comment

No bjj today just weightrained. Sore as hell, lifted ok but not happy overall.

Approx. weight: 185

Time to start gaining weight again I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X