No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mundine Doesn't Blame Mosley, Heading To Los Angeles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mundine Doesn't Blame Mosley, Heading To Los Angeles

A devastated Anthony Mundine hopes his aborted fight with Shane Mosley can be resurrected, and plans to fly with his manager Khoder Nasser to Los Angeles this week to try to make the contest happen in December.

Mosley jetted back to the US on Tuesday morning after promoter Vlad Warton, who'd put the fight together, failed to pay the former three-time world champion an upfront fee of $700,000 as stipulated in his $1 million contract.

Mundine said he fell into a temporary state of depression when he was told the fight was off having made weight for the WBA light-middleweight contest just hours before the official weigh-in which had been scheduled for 1pm on Tuesday.

It was the first time in his 45-fight career that one of his contests had not been promoted by Nasser and hoped the fight could take place in Sydney before Christmas. [Click Here To Read More]

One look at Mundine's eyes and man, that dude is not right in the head. But then anyone who says that America deserved the 9/11 attacks needs a serious checkup from the neck up.

Comment

Oh ok, so he gon' call Mosley a "sooky American" n then act like he ain't said it??!!

Wow... selective/short-term memory, hypocritical ANd dumb!! Hope Mosley ain't symp on this waste of glove space

Comment

Mosley, the flat-nosed diva.

Comment

Mundine should blame the promoters for not being able to come up with the money.

Comment

Mundane seriously what fantasy world are you living in? On Monday night you tweeted the fight was on like Donkey Kong, then later that night you found out Mosley was almost walking, then on Tuesday you come out and call Mosley a Sookie American, today the circus continues and you do a MASSIVE back flip and you don't blame Mosley? WTF, you claim you don't drink or take drugs BUT I'm starting to think otherwise .. what are you smoking CHUMP?

Comment

Who was interested in this fight anyway???? Some Australian Bum against a washed up Yank, I am falling asleep just writing this....

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
                Mosley, the flat-nosed diva.
                how the hell is he a diva? all he wants is to get paid what was promised to him for doing a job, the check didnt come so he didnt do the job. if that makes him a diva we are all divas, or would you keep going to your job if the checks stopped coming? i assume not.

Originally posted by BoomBoomBuckner View Post
                Who was interested in this fight anyway???? Some Australian Bum against a washed up Yank, I am falling asleep just writing this....
                i sure wasnt, but i still feel for the fighters. they put their heart and soul into preparing for a fight and they dont even get to perform or make some money for that matter. it costs money to train for a fight so they basically work their ass off to lose money, all because some snake promoter cant keep his word.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                  Mundine should blame the promoters for not being able to come up with the money.
                  They sold only 1,500 tickets until last Sunday...
                  I hope they are trying to build some hype over this one and reschedule it for Christmas... But I might be wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    how the hell is he a diva? all he wants is to get paid what was promised to him for doing a job, the check didnt come so he didnt do the job. if that makes him a diva we are all divas, or would you keep going to your job if the checks stopped coming? i assume not.

i sure wasnt, but i still feel for the fighters. they put their heart and soul into preparing for a fight and they dont even get to perform or make some money for that matter. it costs money to train for a fight so they basically work their ass off to lose money, all because some snake promoter cant keep his word.
                    it wasnt like shane wasnt gonna get pay at all, dude already had the 300k up front. yea thats not the promised amount but its not like shane wont get pay. and i thought shane said we'll see the best of him in this fight so why would he chicken out just because he didnt get the full amount before the fight?? im sure he could have worked something out. it looks like shane was already looking for a way out and this was the perfect excuse.

Comment

Working...
                    X