Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nigel Benn: "I wish I had Calzaghe's power"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He got caught pulling back and is it any wonder he felt his punches, the bloke was a zombie!

He came down from cruiserweight on short notice, absolutely killed himself!

Comment

Originally posted by BRITISH LlON View Post
      Chris Eubank disagrees with you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Nk_rf4aOM#t=31m17s

It is so funny how Calzaghe haters just tell fairy tales over and over again. Benn and Eubank say Calzaghe has big power and some random people on a boxing forum think they know better. Aren't some of you guys embarrassing yourself?
      Most fighters hit hard, you're going to feel it if anyone lands clean. It's the punches you don't feel that are the hardest because you're flat on your back thinking WTF happened.

Comment

Never pay too much attention to a fighter complimentingcanother. Im sure Benn was just being classy.

No way does Calzaghe have that type of power

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

And if you watch the interview, he says it as a joke. Talking about how he couldnt hurt Eubank in their first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
            Eubank got caught moving backwards, he was up in 2 secs not hurt at all.
            True. But he also stiffened Eubanks legs for a moment. From what i remember. its been a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
              Just butthurt Hopkins fans.
              lol yes Hopkins has an army.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                Personally I thought that Benn was just saying that because Calzaghe managed to knock Eubank down while he could not. Either way, I think Benn was heavier handed but Calzaghe was quicker and quite heavy handed. He was a decent puncher before he suffered his hand problems.
                I'm pretty sure Benn knocked Eubanks down in their first fight. Flash KD. Round 8 or 9...?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                  I'm pretty sure Benn knocked Eubanks down in their first fight. Flash KD. Round 8 or 9...?
                  You're right Benny, I actually forgot about that. If I recall, Eubank tried to claim it was a slip and wasn't too hurt by it.

Comment

I reckon Calzaghe probably had better power then we think he did, but in my mind Benn was in a different league when it came to punching power, he was an animal

Comment

There are plenty of testimonials from fighters saying Calzaghe was heavy handed, far more than they imagined. The Calzaghe hand problems are not a myth either, look at Calzaghe's overal punching technique against Eubank and then immediately watch the Jones fight, you'll see a huge difference in how much a young Joe sat down on his punches, he still cuffed and threw combinations, but he sat down and threw with more power, towards the end of his career he was much more about touching his opponent and getting out.

Byron Mitchell and Charles Brewer have lots of experience, during those times they sparred or fought everyone, and Mitchell said he had never been hit so hard so often. In terms of this thread I think Benn was being sarcastic, it was a joke.

Calzaghe haters do need to get over it though, he was a great fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X