Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TROUT calls out Canelo after Cotto beat down.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They want to make money, Trout doesn't generate money. Now that Cotto lost, they will try even harder to make this fight happen because it means big money. Cotto may be on the fast decline too so better get that name on Canelo's resume before he is seen as so far past it that a win over him doesn't even warrant clout.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
      well when floyd, pac, martinez, donaire, etc.. we're making a name for themselves coming up the hard way it wasn't really about the money. they all took risks, jumped in the deep end and came out on top, and now they're all rightfully in a position to wanting to get big money fights. the fact that canelo hasn't fought ANYONE and is getting a ton of money every fight and feels he needs to fight big money fights is BS. he should work his way up like the great fighters in this era did...donaire fighting darchinyan, pac fighting barrera, floyd fighting corrales etc., etc.
      damn stole my post i was just going to post this.

i can't believe people on this site are making excuses for canelo he hasn't fought one damn fighter that poses a threat.

the only fighter he fought that had one pulse was ****ing cintron and i think he's retired.

any fighter you name can point to one point in there career where they stepped up all were asking is for canelo to do the same and quit with the fu**king excuses.

lopez had no fu**king fanbase but canelo fought him,baldomir,matt hatton where are the big draws that canelo has fought?

so why does trout have to this big fanbases?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        They want to make money, Trout doesn't generate money. Now that Cotto lost, they will try even harder to make this fight happen because it means big money. Cotto may be on the fast decline too so better get that name on Canelo's resume before he is seen as so far past it that a win over him doesn't even warrant clout.
        lopez generates money,baldomir,matt hatton gtfo.

now if he makes a cotto fight then,sets up a trout one im fine with it but this money bullshi(t is crazy canelo isn't floyd or manny.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          It's all about the TV audience and there's no reason to believe Trout will draw a smaller audience than most other potential opponents now that he's convincingly defeated Miguel Cotto.

But by the criteria which has defined Canelo's career to date, Cotto is clearly the more desirable opponent. He's smaller and past his best, two big pluses for Canelo's people.

I don't necessarily have a huge problem with Canelo, as a 22 year old, not facing elite opponents all the time. But given the status he appears to be gaining in the sport, and given that he is the WBC 154lb champion, it is time for this guy to face a legitimate threat for a change.

Comment

If trout aint canelos next apponent I will find another sport

Comment

Working...
            X