No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward vs Froch is Heading To December 17th in AC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ward vs Froch is Heading To December 17th in AC

WBC super middleweight Carl Froch will have his eagerly-awaited Super Six final bout with WBA king Andre Ward rescheduled for December 17 at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, according to reports. Froch had seen the biggest fight of his life called off -which had been due to take place on October 29 - last Friday after Ward announced on Twitter that he sustained a cut in sparring.

[Click Here To Read More]

anybody else thinks thats a little to long a postponement or am i just anxious to see them fight

Comment

I guess training camp will be postponed until Ward gets his cut healed and then another 8 weeks of training camp. Now we get another big fight in December. Cotto-Margarito then Khan-Peterson and to end it off we get Froch-Ward. Great month for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
        anybody else thinks thats a little to long a postponement or am i just anxious to see them fight
        Well, there were roughly six weeks to go to the fight,so add that training time to the time it takes for the cut to properly heal (another six weeks - two months, or so) and it's not that long really.
        Plus, they will have had limited options with American tv dates.

Comment

December always seems to be a great month for boxing. Glad this year is no different.

Comment

BTW, which **** site did you get that black chick GIF from.
            I want one.

Comment

December 3rd - Cotto v Margarito
              December 10th - Khan V Peterson
              December 17th - Froch V Ward

Damn december seems so far away

Comment

It's also scheduling.

December 3 has Mares-Agbeko 2 along with Cotto-Margarito 2 on HBO PPV.

December 10 has Khan-Peterson on HBO.

I'd assume each network prefers to not have competition on the same night from their rivals.

Comment

Froch got a postponement against Arthur Abrham in the Super Six due to a "back injury." Was he being coddled too?

Comment

Working...
                  X