Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua Clottey will not fight again for less than a half a million.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hell fight when he runs out of money. By then a vast amount of ring rust would have accumulated and he will be rusty as ****.

he doesnt even deserve to fight on espn with the performance he put against manny, let alone consider himself a ppv draw.

Comment

There are ertainly fights for him at 147 and 154 if he wants them, I don't know if he can get a half million off the rip like that but he could easily earn that should he get another strap.

That probably won't bring him near as much as he wants short term though.

Comment

I'm pretty sure he'll fight again once he runs out of money. Last I remember though, he said that he was moving up to 154lb, if that's the case then I wouldn't mind seeing him fight guys like Cintron or even Kirkland...

Comment

if he shat in his shorts in the pac fight, he would easily be doing 1 million pay per view buys.

people would be saying something like "The guy who literally got the **** beaten out of him is fighting? Sure, I'll watch it!"

Comment

If he's only gonna fight for big money paydays, he should change his name to Andre Berto and give HBO a call.

HBO loves guys named Andre Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
              Former welterweight titlist Joshua Clottey hasn't fought since losing a lopsided decision to Manny Pacquiao in March, and he hasn't been interested in taking a fight unless it's for major money, Top Rank's Bob Arum said. "Clottey is looking for a fight, but he doesn't want to fight for less than half a million. Maybe you could talk him into fighting for $400,000. He's fat and happy right now because he got a great upside [from the pay-per-view] on the fight with Manny. Every month we send him more money." Arum said Clottey's purse was $1.25 million for the fight but that he's earned way more than that because his upside of $3 per home kicked in at 300,000 buys. Since the fight generated about 700,000 buys, that means Clottey will earn roughly an additional $1.2 million.

Dan Rafael quick hits.

ESPN

Jerry Jones also gave him $1.5 million from his own pocket. So that's $3.95 million dollars total. Not bad!!

Comment

good for joshua.....i hope he fights berto to redeem himself!

Comment

with clottey's last performance, his half a million fight demand is just a dream.

Comment

Clottey's been hanging out with Winky Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
                      he did nothing for the PPV buys
                      yeah, even the most exciting fighter in the world cant bring the best of him..

Comment

Working...
                      X