Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Bob Foster one punch KO Marvin Hagler?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Bob Foster one punch KO Marvin Hagler?

Say if it was Hagler on the receiving end of those left hooks that Foster threw against Tiger and Quarry would Hagler have been able to get up?? Personally I don't think he would. Those punches were damn devastating
    Yes
    36.00%
    No
    64.00%

if he landed flush and he didn't see it? yes. In a fight? I see Hagler surviving even if he goes down.

Hagler sparred with heavyweights and walked through helacious punchers at 160. Foster could wobble him or drop him, but not only does Hagler have a rock solid chin, he's got heart and conditioning to boot. Also, at 175 he'd be thicker and heavier which does add a bit to your resistance.

Comment

Hagler took that evil uppercut that John "The Beast" Mugabe threw that lifted him off the deck. It was a perfectly timed max power shot and Hagler just shookit off like it was nothing. Anyone else would have been decked at best by that shot and most likely sparked out. Hagler had tremendous punch resistance and at 175 he would have been able to take a shot even better.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
        if he landed flush and he didn't see it? yes. In a fight? I see Hagler surviving even if he goes down.

Hagler sparred with heavyweights and walked through helacious punchers at 160. Foster could wobble him or drop him, but not only does Hagler have a rock solid chin, he's got heart and conditioning to boot. Also, at 175 he'd be thicker and heavier which does add a bit to your resistance.
        What heavies did Hagler spar with?

As for the question, I think it would take a succession of shots. I don't see anyone <180 1PKO'ing Hagler. Unless he completely doesn't see it, walks into it and is tired. Hagler's too good for these scenarios to occur though.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          What heavies did Hagler spar with?

As for the question, I think it would take a succession of shots. I don't see anyone <180 1PKO'ing Hagler. Unless he completely doesn't see it, walks into it and is tired. Hagler's too good for these scenarios to occur though.
          couldn't say, they just said Heavyweights, and he sent them home. It's in the most popular documentary about Hagler on youtube. Same doc about him passing out in sub zero temperatures on the beach where he'd run 7+ miles in army boots lol.

It's either that or that famous article where they speak with his trainers (the one that just died). I forget. It's a credible source though.

Comment

There is little doubt in my mind that Foster could knock out any fighter in history at 175 or below, and that includes Hagler. He could generate tremendous torque and velocity on his punches for such a tall, lanky guy.

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
              Say if it was Hagler on the receiving end of those left hooks that Foster threw against Tiger and Quarry would Hagler have been able to get up?? Personally I don't think he would. Those punches were damn devastating
              Yes he could have knocked Hagler out the same way. If he could turn Dick Tigers lights out he could do the same to Hagler.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
                Hagler took that evil uppercut that John "The Beast" Mugabe threw that lifted him off the deck. It was a perfectly timed max power shot and Hagler just shookit off like it was nothing. Anyone else would have been decked at best by that shot and most likely sparked out. Hagler had tremendous punch resistance and at 175 he would have been able to take a shot even better.
                You can't compare Mugabi's power to Foster's. Mugabi has 0 KO's at 175.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

Hagler was too small to fight at 175. Even if he put on the weight he would be out of place at that weight. Walking through hard middleweight punches is not the same as walking through Bob Foster's.

I think Hagler has one of the best chins in history. But it could have been cracked if he moved up to a division he didn't belong in. Look what happened to Foster when he moved up.

Comment

Anything is possible but I would back Hagler's chin over Foster's amazing power.

Comment

Working...
                    X