Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is Martinez most likely fighting next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Martinez most likely fighting next?

Let's be real, he only has so much time left in the tank and he needs and deserves bigger fights. It's only right after the path of destruction he's been on lately. I could be completely wrong though and Martinez could be one of the few rare breeds that have just enough to compete at such an age (Hopkins).

Who's Martinez most likely going to fight next? Considering the money involved, fan bases and over all legacy's.
    Manny Pacquiao
    0.00%
    Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
    3.45%
    Julio Cesar Chavez, Jr.
    48.28%
    Dmitry Pirog
    13.79%
    Daniel Geale
    27.59%
    Peter Quillin
    6.90%
    Lucian Bute
    0.00%
    Andre Ward
    0.00%

he's not getting any big fights
    he's free of mandatory fights now, which is good
    just fucking fight Pirog already
    Chavez won't fight him, and he doesn't need Chavez anyway
    he has the real MW title

Comment

I think its gonna be Peerug.

Comment

I hope it is Pirog or Geale. Sturm and Chavez will not accept a fight with him in my opinion. He needs to unify the division and forget about picking on smaller fighters like Pacquiao and ignore the people asking him to move up and fight Ward or Bute. He's a Middleweight stay there. Only fight he should leave his division for is Mayweather that's it. For now unify 160 or beat more top fighters.

Comment

Didn't he say he was gonna move down to 154? So it's obviously gonna be a Jr MW.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
            Didn't he say he was gonna move down to 154? So it's obviously gonna be a Jr MW.
            Yeah, he said he's done at 160 if no Chavez fight.

HBO will offer him Andy Lee, though. That will be his next 160 fight if not Chavez imo.

Otherwise, expect martinez to look for a fight with the Canelo/Mosley or Cotto/Mayweather winner, which he won't land.. i think he'll end up in the ring with Lara for some weird reason.

Comment

His run at 160 might be over, TR isn't letting him near Jr. as long as Martinez keeps KO'ing guys. There's basically no financial incentive to go to Russia for Pirog, and apparently HBO has blackballed Pirog for what he did to Jacobs, so that fight isn't happening. There's more financial incentive to go back to 154 than move up to 168, and he looks like he could make the JMW limit pretty comfortably. I agree he probably won't get Canelo or Cotto immediately, but he has a better chance of landing one of those fights than he does getting Chavez Jr. in the ring.

Comment

Id like to see him fight Marg at 154. If theres nothing better on the table then he may aswel avenge his loss in a high profile rematch that defend against another average European.

Not many leave Marg on his back but I think Sergio would be the 1st to put his lights out.

Comment

Originally posted by PD21 View Post
                  Id like to see him fight Marg at 154. If theres nothing better on the table then he may aswel avenge his loss in a high profile rematch that defend against another average European.

Not many leave Marg on his back but I think Sergio would be the 1st to put his lights out.
                  Top Rank would not make that fight in my opinion. But honestly it would be pointless. Everyone knows Martinez would KO Margacheato. He would literally pop his eye.

Comment

Right now, seems Martínez-Chavez Jr is on for Sept. Look that both sides agreed.

Comment

Working...
                    X