No announcement yet.

Arthur Abraham is looking good today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arthur Abraham is looking good today

Yes, he took all the shots from Froch as well as Ward for 12 Rd's and was never in big trouble, lost big on the score cards but proved to have a granite chin, a must to compete on the highest level.His problem is more a stylistic one.

I would like to see a match up between Bute and AA, if Bute chose to continue fighting, would be a great bounce back type of fight.

Its amazing how many threads have popped up saying this fighter or that fighter now looks better because Froch put a beating on Bute.

For me Froch is the one guy who benefited and looked good because of his performance, guys he fought in the past don't look any better or worse after this i think people should treat the fights individually on its own merits.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
      Yes, he took all the shots from Froch as well as Ward for 12 Rd's and was never in big trouble, lost big on the score cards but proved to have a granite chin, a must to compete on the highest level.His problem is more a stylistic one.

I would like to see a match up between Bute and AA, if Bute chose to continue fighting, would be a great bounce back type of fight.
      I don't think anyone's ever criticised Abe's beard or toughness before. It's his severe limitations as a fighter that are his (rather large) problem.

Agree though, this fight might be an interesting one. I'd still pick Bute to win, provisionally, though we have no idea what his mental state is like at the moment. Probably not good.

Comment

abraham was dreadful at 168.

with that said, I'd still like to see him fight Pavlik.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
          Its amazing how many threads have popped up saying this fighter or that fighter now looks better because Froch put a beating on Bute.

For me Froch is the one guy who benefited and looked good because of his performance, guys he fought in the past don't look any better or worse after this i think people should treat the fights individually on its own merits.
          Quite. It's like Froch is this incredibly low benchmark, that to even struggle against him plummets your stock through the floor. No amount of wins and dominant performances seems to shake this belief for some people.

Comment

After seeing Abraham vs Miranda I never once questioned his chin or heart lol
            The only thing I questioned was his resemblance to Desperate Dan at that time

Comment

I wouldn't even be surprised if Abraham could beat Bute. Froch threw the same type of sloppy wild combos that Abraham always throws. Bute's chin isn't too great so Abraham just needs to get lucky with one punch to get him hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                I wouldn't even be surprised if Abraham could beat Bute. Froch threw the same type of sloppy wild combos that Abraham always throws. Bute's chin isn't too great so Abraham just needs to get lucky with one punch to get him hurt.
                Abraham doesn't explode out the blocks like Froch does. He also has nowhere near the consistent pressure.

Comment

In terms of speed, AA makes Carl look like a prime Roy Jones.

You can see his punches coming watching him on telly, nevermind standing in front of him as he sets-up to throw. Bute doesn't have much defence, but you can get away with the most basic step back to avoid AA's punches. Don't stand right in front of him and he's goosed.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    In terms of speed, AA makes Carl look like a prime Roy Jones.

You can see his punches coming watching him on telly, nevermind standing in front of him as he sets-up to throw. Bute doesn't have much defence, but you can get away with the most basic step back to avoid AA's punches. Don't stand right in front of him and he's goosed.
                    Abe's handspeed isn't bad. He just doesn't throw enough, and when he does he winds up like crazy. He can be pretty brutal at times though. He caught Dirrell flush on the chin and dropped him, and Dirrell's both fast and decently skilled in avoiding shots.

Comment

Working...
                    X