Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RELIGIOUS IMPORTANCE of Nations = SUCCESS OR FAILURE of Nations?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by res View Post
    The idon'tactuallyeverbothertopickupabookbutIthinki'mi ntelligentmerelybecausefowhat i don'tbelievein post.

I come from the country that most makes your thread look bad.

the US.? really?

i thought you were asian?

yea usa is one of the few countries that are actually very religious but are very developed economically.

they are the exception, not the rule.

& the U.S. numbers are dropping. The stats are there and there is correlation between religiosity and economic success or lack thereof.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
      the US.? really?

yea usa is one of the few countries that are actually very religious but are very developed economically.

& the U.S. numbers are dropping. The stats are there and there is correlation between religiosity and economic success or lack thereof.
      The US is kind of a fake religious country in my eye, except the south of course which isnt far from being a 3rd world country

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        The US is kind of a fake religious country in my eye, except the south of course which isnt far from being a 3rd world country
        yes and no, but i think the numbers are dropping as far religious importance in the US.

americans are still very religious but when it comes to actual day to day living their lives, yes we are fake religious.

But when it comes to politics and law, we suddenly become very religious.

Comment

the US.? really?

Do you even know what the word "correlation" means? Did you understand ANYTHING in my first post?

*sigh* why do I bother to answer these threads when the guys that start them don't have anything like the intellectual sophistication to actually explore the issue.

And there would be nothing wrong with that if their initial premise wasn't arrogant to start with. But you have to take your pick, either don't make arrogant assertions or know your stuff.
          Last edited by res; 10-06-2012, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Well four of the 10 states with the highest GDP in the U.S. are in the South, so their not doing THAT bad..

Comment

yes and no, but i think the numbers are dropping as far religious importance in the US.

americans are still very religious but when it comes to actual day to day living their lives, yes we are fake religious.

But when it comes to politics and law, we suddenly become very religious.
              Exactly. Everyone of my friends call themselves "religious", yet never been to church, read the bible/quran or lived their lives in anyway "religiously"

Most annoying part is that they all live their lives the same way (do whatever they wanna do) yet are grouped into different religions

Comment

modern times maybe...

Comment

The One needs the poor...

the poor are the ones whose religious grip are strongest...

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                    The One needs the poor...

the poor are the ones whose religious grip are strongest...
                    somebody gets it.

Number two, you might want to look at WHEN these nations became advanced economies. Were they religious then? This seriously wounds the causation argument.

Now there may be a correlation here which simply amounts to the fact that economic prosperity tends to lead to irreligion.

There is some grounds for that conclusion even when observing the ancient world, where prosperity, while not usually leading to positions like Atheism and agnosticism often lead to religious apathy.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
                      Do you even know what the word "correlation" means? Did you understand ANYTHING in my first post?

*sigh* why do I bother to answer these threads when the guys that start them don't have anything like the intellectual sophistication to actually explore the issue.

And there would be nothing wrong with that if their initial premise wasn't arrogant to start with. But you have to take your pick, either don't make arrogant assertions or know your stuff.

so you do a agree with my premise but you thought it was arrogant?

sounds like you're the one that needs to take your pick. It was a premise and i supported it with facts. I suggest you do the same instead of being a butt hurt awana boy scout.

Comment

Working...
                      X