No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns To Return on December 8 or December 15

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns To Return on December 8 or December 15

World champion Ricky Burns believes he can continue to improve after adding another dimension to his game with a stunning fourth-round stoppage of Kevin Mitchell. The consensus in the boxing world was that the WBO lightweight title fight in Glasgow could go either way with Burns' staying power and tactical nous in contrast with Mitchell's punching power.

[Click Here To Read More]

Wouldn't mind seeing him fight Sergio Thompson or Gavin Rees.

Comment

I like Reece but Burns is in another league. He's a bona fide world class fighter now. Could clean up at 135. Most improved fighter for years.

Comment

He's going to fight Scott Harrison.

Comment

Originally posted by Gypsy John Fury View Post
          I like Reece but Burns is in another league. He's a bona fide world class fighter now. Could clean up at 135. Most improved fighter for years.
          Burns doesn't have any big choices for December, so Rees or Thompson will have to do.

-Vasquez/Quintero are fighting on Oct. 27
          -Abril/Bogere are fighting on Nov. 11
          -DeMarco/Broner are fighting on Nov. 17

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            Burns doesn't have any big choices for December, so Rees or Thompson will have to do.

-Vasquez/Quintero are fighting on Oct. 27
            -Abril/Bogere are fighting on Nov. 11
            -DeMarco/Broner are fighting on Nov. 17
            Is the DeMarco/Broner fight confirmed? I checked Boxrec and they didn't have a date or venue.

If it is, then I'm impressed with the thus far protected Broner, his got balls for taking on DeMarco for his first full fight at 135. Should be a cracker.

If all the above fights are taking place then Burns will sadly be left with a less than stellar opponent in december.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
              Is the DeMarco/Broner fight confirmed? I checked Boxrec and they didn't have a date or venue.

If it is, then I'm impressed with the thus far protected Broner, his got balls for taking on DeMarco for his first full fight at 135. Should be a cracker.

If all the above fights are taking place then Burns will sadly be left with a less than stellar opponent in december.
              Boxrec has the date up, but not the venue.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                He's going to fight Scott Harrison.
                That would not be a good look.

Comment

Good to see top fighters like Ricky Burns remaining active.

I can't imagine Adrian Broner ever being brave enough to fight Burns in Scotland, even though it would draw a huge crowd there (while "The Problem" can't draw flies in the USA).

Comment

Available for December

Yuriorkis Gamboa 21-0 (16KOs)
                    Matias Exequiel Gomez 28-0 (27KOs)
                    Luis Ramos 22-0 (9KOs)
                    Darley Perez 26-0 (19KOs)

Comment

Working...
                    X