Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hardest punching lightweights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miguel Angel Gonzalez should be on your list & probably above most of those guys. I think he was 40-0 with 35 K.O's at Lightweight (or there about)

Rudolfo Gonzalez was an absolute killer.

Comment

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
      Miguel Angel Gonzalez should be on your list & probably above most of those guys. I think he was 40-0 with 35 K.O's at Lightweight (or there about)

You are SO RIGHT! I forgot about Miguel completely...but I don't think he was one of THE hardest punchers, he hit hard yes but...not sure HOW hard. Gotta see more of his fights that he won by ko first.

Comment

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post

Can't agree with you there, there were so many great fighters, you know they've been doing this for well over a hundred years. If Gonzalez fought 5 fights with Gans, Nelson, Wolgast, Canzoneri and Duran, he wouldn't have one single KO... and he'd be knocked out five times.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
          Whats Pendleton got to do with this?? He wasn't even mentioned!
          He's saying a guy who wasn't known to be a monster puncher (though a good one) could have stiffened the same mediocrities Valero was stiffening.

Comment

In the 80's there was a left-hander from Hawaii named Andy Ganigan. He was 100% pure puncher....and that's all he could do.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
              In the 80's there was a left-hander from Hawaii named Andy Ganigan. He was 100% pure puncher....and that's all he could do.
              Yea, he got koed by Arguello...good fight. Shook Alexis a couple times.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
                Edwin Valero? Really? What a complete joke!

Who the hell did this guy KO that was worth a damn? Not only at 135 (where he had virtually no fights), but at 130? Who did he ever KO with one shot?

I saw lots of him (YouTube), and didn't even think he was that great a puncher....and also thought he had a lame style, which would have gotten him whacked had he actually fought anyone approaching the elite level.

Hilariously overrated by two posters in this section, who I now think should be under suspicion for being one and the same (alts), because I can't imagine two people sharing such an absurd opinion.

Well that tells me all I need to know about your ability to judge talent

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  ....from the goofball who put him #1 in HISTORY at 135.No question I know what I'm looking at compared to you.

I watched him facing mediocrities, and didn't see any unusual power.
                  Those mediocrites would have fallen from Edwin Rosario's first right cross....

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                    MORE RUBBISH FROM Mr. PEPE LE PEW !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
                      Whats Pendleton got to do with this?? He wasn't even mentioned!
                      I just chose someone with a little pop but should not qualify for this list normally. Pendleton was just an example. The point was that many fighters would run through the list of opponents and the quality of opposition Valero faced. No matter who I used it would not qualify them for a place on this list and especially not near the top of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X