Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Fat Dan calls BS on Mayweather picking Alexander...you agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn
    Personally, I do not believe @FloydMayweather is being straight here. I do not believe Alexander is getting the fight. Guess we'll see.

1st off, IF Mayweather-Alexander happened it wouldnt be unification. Alexander is under contract for mandatory vs Brook & would get stripped

I call BS on @FloydMayweather.

If Mayweather-Alexander happens one can only hope it will be at the Silverdome. #IcallBSonFloyd

Comment

Floyd is turning Boxing into the WWE with his shenanigans.

Comment

Sad part about this is that Broner is beginning to show signs that he will be following the same path of least resistance. Looks like Floyd made a lot of unsolicited advises in their meeting about ignoring what the fans want, not ending up like Ali, etc.

Comment

i hope its BS because its not good. but it would hardly be surprising if he is fighting alexander. to be honest, it doesnt matter because unless he is fighting martinez im probably not gonna be interested anyway. thats the only fight that does anything for his legacy.

Comment

I call BS too. Devon adds no worth to a PPV buy and I'm having a hard time believing Ghost priced himself out of a Mayweather fight.

Comment

Guerrero isn't a bad fight. Mayweather is the only fighter ever where a top fighter at his weight would be crappy fight.

Comment

I thought this but....If Devon is hurt, why would Floyd even mention him? If he's not hurt, he wouldn't have pulled out of the Brook fight unless this was a done deal.

Comment

Something is definately sketchy with this one because Floyd doesn't drop any names prior to a bout being signed. The only reason we found out about the Cotto fight before the official announcement was because he told the judge so she would keep him out of jail long enough to have his fight.

I think it's strange that Floyd would mention ANY names prior to the official announcement, because it seems like he enjoys keeing everyone in suspense.

I agree with the posters who believe he's dropping Alexander's name as the "front runner" so that when we hear about the actual opponent, it will be a preferred option. Kind of like they do with gas prices, they'll rise 40 cents for a month but then drop 25 cents and then everyone is happy.

Comment

I think there's a good chance its BS too. Floyd has to know this fight would not sell good to the public. Plus, he's the kind of person that likes to play games like this anyway. I will be surprised if this fight is signed. A lot of people think he's using this as a way to get Guerrero to sign and I think that is very likely.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      Guerrero isn't a bad fight. Mayweather is the only fighter ever where a top fighter at his weight would be crappy fight.
                      because he's perceived as being miles above the top guys in his weight division. As far as the hardcore fans go, it seems he can only do good by fighting at 154. Which I agree with, I want to see him in with Canelo/Trout in May and then Martinez in the fall and then he can call it a career.

Comment

Working...
                      X