No announcement yet.

Tommy Morrison's Left Hook vs David Tua's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommy Morrison's Left Hook vs David Tua's

Obviously Tua has the better chin and is the more durable, id pick him to KO Tommy H2H but thats not the question i want to ask. I want to know Who had the better offense on the whole and who had the better/harder left hook in your opinion?

Good question, I have no idea though I feel Tua stopped the better, more durable fighters but I look forward to hearing others opinions on this.

Comment

I think if were talking just power then tua might hit a bit harder but Morrison is the better knockout artist. His left hook was more precise, well timed and quicker than tuas and those of the kind of things you need to have a great knockout left hook. All round punching again would go to Morrison but Tua could well have the harder and heavier left hook but not by much

Comment

Tua's Left ...all day!

Comment

tua was heavy handed and probably threw a bit harder but tommy was indeed a ko artist and a HW champ unlike david tua

Comment

it has to be Tua. By the way, I was thinking that both Morrison and Tua fought Lennox Lewis and couldn't do anything with their left hook.
            But I remember Ray Mercer said he got hit so hard by Morrison's hooks that he couldn't believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
              it has to be Tua. By the way, I was thinking that both Morrison and Tua fought Lennox Lewis and couldn't do anything with their left hook.
              But I remember Ray Mercer said he got hit so hard by Morrison's hooks that he couldn't believe it.
              They would have had they landed flush but both are comparatively short and under skilled, in Morrison's case his chin and gas tank were huge issues too.

Im a fan of Tommy more so than Tua OR Lewis though

Comment

Not much in it, but I'd go with Morrison for the better all-round offense.
                Tua probably had the harder single left, but imo Tommy was the more concussive combo puncher. If it was'nt for the dodgey gas tank, i'd back him in the h2h aswell..
                Don't think he had a particularly bad chin, stayed up & won against Foreman.
                And despite his age, still a version of big George, who i feel was slightly superior to any version of the Tua man.

Comment

On this criteria alone, slight edge to Morrison. Tua had more power, but Morrison had more snap on his left hook.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                    Obviously Tua has the better chin and is the more durable, id pick him to KO Tommy H2H but thats not the question i want to ask. I want to know Who had the better offense on the whole and who had the better/harder left hook in your opinion?
                    Overall I would say Morrison had the better offense. His jab and right hand were much better than Tua's. Left hook is hard to say because both had one punch power with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X