No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Frampton is Back on May 11, IBF Eliminator Eyed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Frampton is Back on May 11, IBF Eliminator Eyed

Carl Frampton propelled himself into World title reckoning, ripping the European super bantamweight title from Kiko Martinez with a ninth round KO in front of a huge crowd at the Odyssey Arena in Belfast live on Sky Sports in Betfair’s ‘Unfinished Business’.

Frampton became the first man to stop the Spaniard in a gripping contest that saw the Belfast hero come of age and provide a new megastar for the adoring fans in the Arena.

The 25 year old was good to his word that he could both out box and out fight Martinez, ‘The Jackal’ again displayed his full array of weapons, moving through the gears with his uppercut a constant menace, before crunching home a stiff right hand that Martinez couldn’t recover from, and a shot that will catapult him into the World title shots he desires.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Frampton - Kiko wasn't a title fight? WTF? But we have **** fights like Canelo - Lopez for titles. Smh

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

And now that I think about it, who the hell has the IBF belt?

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
        Frampton - Kiko wasn't a title fight? WTF? But we have **** fights like Canelo - Lopez for titles. Smh

Carl Frampton propelled himself into World title reckoning, ripping the European super bantamweight title from Kiko Martinez with a ninth round KO in front of a huge crowd at the Odyssey Arena in Belfast live on Sky Sports in Betfair’s ‘Unfinished Business’.

..and according to Boxrec EBU (European) super bantamweight title and
        IBF Inter-Continental super bantamweight title were at the line for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanstyle
          Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

..and according to Boxrec EBU (European) super bantamweight title and
          IBF Inter-Continental super bantamweight title were at the line for this one.
          Oh I was talking about titles like the IBF itself (the main title).

Comment

Winner of Lopez/Romero would be a tough challenge for Frampton.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360
              When did this fight get made...? 122 making a lot of noise! I got Romero to beat both tho. Frampton showed bad D vs Martinez. Romero can box his ass off.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW!
                Quote:

Originally Posted by kiaba360

When did this fight get made...? 122 making a lot of noise! I got Romero to beat both tho. Frampton showed bad D vs Martinez. Romero can box his ass off.

That answered my previous question as well. I see the IBF is vacant which those 2 are fighting for.

Comment

Maybe Frampton can fight Bakhtin for the IBO in June, and the winner of that can unify with the IBF. I also wouldn't mind seeing Darchinyan get into the mix.

Comment

Hearn loves his IBF eliminators!! He's like Frank with the WBO.

Comment

Working...
                    X