No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Steward: Cotto Rematch is a Tough Fight For Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Steward: Cotto Rematch is a Tough Fight For Pacquiao

Fresh on the heels of his 10th round TKO over Antonio Margarito this past weekend in Madison Square Garden, Miguel Cotto took to the press in his native Puerto Rico.

While Cotto’s triumph over his Tijuana foil in their grudge rematch was a comprehensive and impressive display, one can’t help but to wonder what the future hold for the 31-year old champion. Speaking to Primera Hora’s Esteban Pagan Rivera, Cotto was sure to state his desires towards a second encounter with WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao, expressing full confidence in his abilities to defeat the Filipino icon in a possible rematch..
    [Click Here To Read More]

even Steward says it would have been rough, a ''struggle'' for Cotto in the last few rounds

he knows better than everybody here

Comment

Cotto stands NO chance if he hadn't lost every round and the first fight was competitive then i'd say rematch definitely but he got out boxed and pummeled into the ground for 11 and a half rounds and lets be honest he has not changed since the first fight hes still the same fighter that got destroyed the only difference is hes had a few build me up fights to get some confidence back if these two met again the end out come would be the same.

Comment

steward needs to review round 4 of pac-rito.

cotto wasnt capable of doing that for 10, how the hell is he supposed to hurt pac?
        uppercuts? no problem.

Comment

Forever, Tonys only hope against Cotto was the last 5 rounds. He "HAD" to put unbelievable pressure on Cotto in those rounds more than the first 7 or Cotto would dance to victory.

Even Steward the flip flopper said Cotto was getting winded, I think Margo was a couple of rounds behind in the pressure department but he was cranking it up and had three rounds to go with one eye , no excuses. This would have been Mr. Cottos proven ground "NOT" the first 7 rounds and especially the last three. But many's chagrin mine included the doc stopped it so we couldn't see if Mr. Cotto could really past the test.

What would have happened if it had been a 15 round fight and Margo's eye wasn't closed ??????? hahahahah

Mr. Cotto would have take the nice knee again, but that is hypothetical.

All Steward wants is Pac beat down !!!!!!!!! Thats all , if not Cotto , Jrweather,,, he just wants Pac to LOSE !!!

NO to another fight with Cotto, that is OVER,,,, Fight:

Mayweather !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
            even Steward says it would have been rough, a ''struggle'' for Cotto in the last few rounds

to be fair, Steward was saying that from the 1st round on that the next round or rounds will be tough for Cotto. They got a lil tough sometimes but nothing major so we cant assume that wouldve happened then and even if it did happen, you cant just say that Cotto was looking so weary & Margarito was looking so on the go that he wouldve done enough to stop him in 3 rounds when he didnt come close in the previous 9

Comment

manny destroys cotto at any weight !!!!!!!!! cotto can try to run all night like he did against margarita , but manny will hunt him down like dog the bounty hunter hunts down criminal scum !!!! and once manny the bounty hunter corners and catches cotto he will batter him with devestating left hands all night !!!! and that running style cotto has leaves him extreamly winded and vournable !!!!!
              Last edited by treason1; 12-07-2011, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Cotto can't box in a way needed to win that fight. He can't box going backwards, he is very flat footed and has to set himself to throw punches

I like Cotto but he is who he's always been: a good, not great, fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post

Confirming what I had been saying all along, it's not to say that Cotto would have lost for sure, but it was close maybe 50/50. Cotto was so winded that I could see him just taking KD 8 or 9 count by going to a knee like he did the last fight but this time he was already so far ahead on the scorecards it probably wouldn't have mattered and If I was his trainer I'd probably advise him that "hey, If you have to take a knee to catch your breath, do it" because there was 2 rounds left and he was very winded and it appeared to be quite severe..

Comment

Originally posted by LoveForBoxing View Post
                    Cotto stands NO chance if he hadn't lost every round and the first fight was competitive then i'd say rematch definitely but he got out boxed and pummeled into the ground for 11 and a half rounds and lets be honest he has not changed since the first fight hes still the same fighter that got destroyed the only difference is hes had a few build me up fights to get some confidence back if these two met again the end out come would be the same.
                    Cotto was in survival mode since the second knockdown in the 4th and was out of the fight but still made it to the 12th Without those two early knockdowns the fight could of had very differnt results.

Comment

Working...
                    X