Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know you guys are going to attack me!!! SSR GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cannot be arsed to explain why he is the greatest because frankly, i'm not sure it will make a difference as you would probably never have heard of the names he beat. Depends how your boxing history is.

One thing i will say is, Robinson was the greatest BUT, even the greatest fighter ducked another in his time. Another great named Charley Burley. (heard of him? no, didn't think so)

Comment

Jake LaMotta 5 times.

Rocky Graziano.

Bobo Olson 4 times.

128-1-2 in his first 130 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by R I Z O View Post
        I didnt expect for the **** brigade to actually come out .
        LOL

Ur talking about legends of the sport peeps get touchy..
        Anyway I love sugar ray he was a Don of the sport nuff said.....

Comment

I've seen some footage of Sugar Ray Robinson and to be honest, I'm not impressed. I don't see how people could claim again and again that he is the most talented fighter to EVER lace them up. I just dont see it.

I'm not calling him a bum nor have I seen all of his fights but someone asnwer me this........ who did he beat?

I mean really, was competition that stiff back then that you can legitimately claim that he was infact, the GREATEST of all time?

Again, I'm not calling him a bum but I am not going to go with the flow when I feel otherwise.

Someone please enlighten me.
          I see what you're saying.

The guy was very ahead of his time though, had a lot of speed, and natural athleticism. You also take into account that boxing was a lot tougher back then. I mean he had to fight a few times a month and sometimes a few times a week. Thats got to be hard on you're body. He also really started the whole pound for pound thing, moving up in weight divisons and beating the best in those.

He was no doubt a great fighter, but to me its really hard to call him the best. The boxers these days are a lot more athletic, bigger, stronger, and slicker then a lot of the boxers he faced. Then again, i dont know to many boxers today that could fight a busy schedule like boxers did back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
            Jake LaMotta 5 times.

Rocky Graziano.

Bobo Olson 4 times.

128-1-2 in his first 130 fights.

First man to win the welterweight and middleweight titles.
            yeah thats just sick.... but of those 130... how many were tomato cans... really.

Comment

Originally posted by KingoftheAnts View Post
              Its probably more of a matter of him doing things not many people had done or thought people were capable of in the ring. Tbh I think he would get a hard time against most modern boxers, but he could only fight in his time period and in that period he excelled!
              hell so would ali. lennox would have beat the **** outta him and he wouldnt have made it out the second with even a 90s mike tyson let alone 80s. ali wouldve struggled with riddick bowe so what does that mean? any athlete in any sport would struggle against modern more evolved competetion. that like puttin kobe bryant back in the 80s when jordan came up against undersized defenders and no zone defense with his skillset. hed average over 50 a game man. he drop probably 200 in a game. its called evolution man.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                yeah thats just sick.... but of those 130... how many were tomato cans... really.
                The last point was wrong though, not the first man to win the welterweight and middleweight titles, I got confused.

He fought a lot of top contenders of the time in those 130 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ QUIK View Post
                  maybe the fact that he pioneered modern boxing and was arguably the most complete puncher ever u ****in idiot. not to mention he singlehandedly carried boxing and was the perfect specimen and able to wield the exact same punching ability and power and both fist. not to mention he no one outside of roy jones had the handspeed footwork and sheer perfection he brought to the ring. he was the epitome of the sweet science. he is the greatest fighter ever and its not a discussion. ali ,tyson, roy , hopkins manny stewart and everyone else including boxers i know all say without a doubt hes the greatest and they all learned everything from him. as well as anyone who has a clue about boxing which obiviously you dont. how old are u. under 21?
                  You sound like you havent seen ***** for years. Relax yourself.

I CLEARLY wasnt bashing him.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ QUIK View Post
                    maybe the fact that he pioneered modern boxing and was arguably the most complete puncher ever u ****in idiot. not to mention he singlehandedly carried boxing and was the perfect specimen and able to wield the exact same punching ability and power and both fist. not to mention he no one outside of roy jones had the handspeed footwork and sheer perfection he brought to the ring. he was the epitome of the sweet science. he is the greatest fighter ever and its not a discussion. ali ,tyson, roy , hopkins manny stewart and everyone else including boxers i know all say without a doubt hes the greatest and they all learned everything from him. as well as anyone who has a clue about boxing which obiviously you dont. how old are u. under 21?
                    exactly.. wwwwwwwwwwwwwwword

Comment

You sound like you havent seen ***** for years. Relax yourself.

I CLEARLY wasnt bashing him.
                      i dont see how you cant even speak about ***** with this senseless ass thread. instead of ***** you need a introduction to logic class. lmao

Comment

Working...
                      X