Video on Amir Khan flaws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video on Amir Khan flaws

http://youtu.be/FJDbdFU2a_4

This is a Barry Robinson video he posts here, pretty good stuff I'm on my phone so someone embed it. For those with ADD atleast watch the first 5 minutes

Can yo embedd it?

Comment

good stuff, I love vids like this

Comment

everyone knows this guys flaw

he simply not a good fighter. terrible technique, bad footwork bad balance, low ring IQ. his goal is to get a mayweather PPV or a big fight and cash out and leave boxing. He's already hinted at it.

I fully enjoyed Garcia smashing this guy to bits.

Comment

Great breakdown! Top quality stuff.

I genuinely can't recall somebody with the experience of an olympic silver medalist, 30 odds pro fights, a two time world champion with so many flaws that should of been drilled out of him years back. Its like hes only been training for 1 year. I mean a lot of this is basic stuff that you are taught straight away.

Maybe I am being a tad harsh but I have never seen absolutely anything in Amir Khan but blatant flaws. Okay he has very good handspeed, what else does he have?

His footwork is awful, he is top half-heavy and very uncoordinated.
          He has no head movement.
          His punch selection is horrific.
          His punching technique is awful he is an arm-puncher who doesn't turn his shots over.

There is no thought process in anything he does, look at the position his feet are in when he tries to throw a right hand. The way his backfoot lifts off the floor when he throws a right hand.

He doesn't feint, he just rushes in, bolt upright and allows you to read what he is going to do before he does it. His speed advantage is rendered practically useless because you know when hes going on the offensive before he does it.

His footwork, the way he reacts and folds its almost like he has no bones in his body at times lol
          Last edited by dan_cov; 05-01-2013, 02:05 PM.

Comment

You know you're in trouble when you can fight a c level fighter and have 1 round of that fight analysed for 15 mins pointing out just your mistakes on a basic level.

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
              You know you're in trouble when you can fight a c level fighter and have 1 round of that fight analysed for 15 mins pointing out just your mistakes on a basic level.
              Hahah. I feel bad for Amir like Dan said the guy is a silver medals and former world champ but he makes so many mistake I doubt hell ever be at the top now

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Great breakdown! Top quality stuff.

I genuinely can't recall somebody with the experience of an olympic silver medalist, 30 odds pro fights, a two time world champion with so many flaws that should of been drilled out of him years back. Its like hes only been training for 1 year. I mean a lot of this is basic stuff that you are taught straight away.

Maybe I am being a tad harsh but I have never seen absolutely anything in Amir Khan but blatant flaws. Okay he has very good handspeed, what else does he have?

His footwork is awful, he is top half-heavy and very uncoordinated.
                He has no head movement.
                His punch selection is horrific.
                His punching technique is awful he is an arm-puncher who doesn't turn his shots over.

There is no thought process in anything he does, look at the position his feet are in when he tries to throw a right hand. The way his backfoot lifts off the floor when he throws a right hand.

He doesn't feint, he just rushes in, bolt upright and allows you to read what he is going to do before he does it. His speed advantage is rendered practically useless because you know when hes going on the offensive before he does it.

His footwork, the way he reacts and folds its almost like he has no bones in his body at times lol
                Trust me man, your not being harsh, at times I'm actually disgusted and it probably bothers me that much more because of his athletic gifts and ranginess.

Comment

Khan is an amateur fight period, I cannot understand how anyone can duck him. The guy is easy work if you have just 20% of any technical abilities.

Comment

Khan has always been nothing more than an athlete who tries to box than a skilled and intelligent fighter.

It's kind of funny, BITD, people were so high on him.

Comment

Working...
                    X