Clear All

• Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
    130-Hernedez
    135-Castillo
    140-Gatti
    147-Baldomir,Shane
    154-Cotto

amazing aint it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    You're going by random rankings and not who was actually the best in the division at the time. Skill wise i don't even think Baldomir would even been top 5 at the time, certainly not over guys like Williams, Margarito, Cotto, Clottey ect. And Gatti (R.I.P. to one of my favorite fighters in history) was certainly not close to being the best 140 pounder. No offense, but how about we get real?

Comment

• Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
      at least he fought margarito!! 17lb weight disadvantage come fight night. cant say the same for floyd. laugh at the diaz fight if you like, i laugh at floyds fight with ortiz! i laugh at the fact floyd cotto didnt happen when everybody wanted to see that fight. convenient retirements and all that.
      I'm sure if Mayweather fought that version of Margarito you wouldn't be saying the same thing.

Baldomir and Ortiz has 10+ weight advantages over Mayweather. Do you give him credit for those fights?

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I'm sure if Mayweather fought that version of Margarito you wouldn't be saying the same thing.

Baldomir and Ortiz has 10+ weight advantages over Mayweather. Do you give him credit for those fights?
        Baldomir was a Super Middleweight, technically because he was over 160 which is SMW, on fight night. Victor Ortiz was also a SMW at 164.

Nobody cares about that. Floyd was 149 and 150 on fight night in those fights. Nobody says anything lol. But it's an obstacle for Pacquiao who was also weighing in at 148-150 on FN just like Floyd.

Castillo and Corrales were WW's[mid 140s] on FN against Floyd, while Floyd was 134 and 138 respectively[don't have the exact weights so i'm going off memory] on FN. In the same weight class[130], Pacquiao was coming in the mid 140s on fight night.

Not many will agree despite it being fact, but Manny Pacquiao at 126-130 was bigger than Floyd Mayweather was at 135 on fight nights. If they don't believe it, just go watch their fights from that time and look at their fight night weights. It's now that they're actually the same size.

Comment

• When are people going to understand that this era in boxing didn't produce a lot of great fighters like the past did? There are only a very short few that actually stood out above the rest in Floyd's and Manny's era. Don't get me wrong, if Floyd was smart he would have just cleaned out the 147 division before he retired for two years(doubt these fights would happen even if he wanted them to because of TopRank and the feud with them and Floyd and not to mention Golden Boy since the co-promote with Floyd). It doesn't matter who he defeated at 147 at any stage of their career he still would not be a Top 10 ATG because this era just didn't produce a lot of special fighters to give him that claim.

Comment

• Floyd's resume is nothing special, especially if you list Gatti as one of his better wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              We know, floyd had money troubles with a lot of fighters, even tho it seems these money problems occurred with prime top fighters people wanted to see him fight. Thats why he has Gatti and Balomir as "#1" fighters in divisions
              Interesting, huh? Must be a coincidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
                Floyd's resume is nothing special, especially if you list Gatti as one of his better wins.
                gatti had lost 2x, to feather fisted ivan robinson 2x...before floyd...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

i would, but in my opinion margarito > baldomir, ortiz.

the thing is tho mayweather picks and chooses his opponents very carefully, he didnt fight cotto when everybody wanted that fight in 08. he didnt fight margarito which would have been a hell of a fight, and he didnt fight pacman. dont get me wrong, mayweather is the best boxer iv ever seen, but he doesnt like a challenge much does he!

then you have the stans saying 9 time champ this, this guy was the number 1 in his division etc etc. well so were the three guys i mentioned in the above paragraph at some point. all of which would have been better fights than baldomir, ortiz and mosley. i dont have a problem with his mosley fight for the record.

Comment

• Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                    Like it or not these are all facts backed up by the ring rankings
                    Yes, because a magazine owned by Floyds promoter is the most unbiased source of information there is.

Comment

• Floyd is acherry picker plain and simple.

Fight fans: hey Floyd we want to see u test yourself against Martinez at 154!

Floyd well I'm going to fight a war ravaged past prime Cotto instead!

Haha the fact is that some on the list were #1 but that didn't mean they werethe most dangerous in that division. Baldomir is a great example

Comment

Working...
                      X