No announcement yet.

Is Benavidez the new Tommy hearns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    I don't think so. Like I said in the other thread, it was the dude's first 8 rounder and you could see him fading. He had a Martinez moment, to relaxed and didn't see the punch coming. Keep in mind he's only 20 years old too.
    true that.
    But benitez was a world champion by then, so was vargas and pacquiao i think.

Comment

Man he was about to be put to sleep.If this was ten rounds,It wouldint
      been to good.He was really hurt.Pistol like jab tho

Comment

Originally posted by Ggurts si kab View Post
        true that.
        But benitez was a world champion by then, so was vargas and pacquiao i think.
        Yea well, like I said before tho, his hands can't stay healthy so they're moving him slow as you can see. He needs to look into surgery and go the Mayweather way and start injecting them.

Comment

good lesson for the kid. manny steward will get a hard-on training this kid.

Comment

Lol, a little early for that.

But that jab is world class. I just got the feeling his right hand was hurt. Didn't seem to be putting all of his weight behind it. Also the reason why I said that if he could get Miranda out of there in the earlier rounds. He was getting outclassed, but at no time was he not fireing pitty pat punches. He came to win, and almost pulled it out in the 8th.

But I really like this kid. Only 20, too.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              Yea well, like I said before tho, his hands can't stay healthy so they're moving him slow as you can see. He needs to look into surgery and go the Mayweather way and start injecting them.
              you mean xylocaine.
              as long as he doesnt start ducking fights like floyd in the future...its all good with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                Lol, a little early for that.

But that jab is world class. I just got the feeling his right hand was hurt. Didn't seem to be putting all of his weight behind it. Also the reason why I said that if he could get Miranda out of there in the earlier rounds. He was getting outclassed, but at no time was he not fireing pitty pat punches. He came to win, and almost pulled it out in the 8th.

But I really like this kid. Only 20, too.
                i say his jab is quartey or hearns like, what you say?
                i say his jab is better than delahoya and cotto too. your thoughts?

Comment

you mean xylocaine.
                  as long as he doesnt start ducking fights like floyd in the future...its all good with me.
                  Novocaine... Xylocaine... All the same ****.

But yea, he doesn't seem like the health first type. So I think we're safe.

Comment

At first i thought you meant bcse of his chin questions but after reading it i see)

His jab is that good but in no way is his right healthy or not anywhere near Hearns

Comment

i say his jab is quartey or hearns like, what you say?
                      i say his jab is better than delahoya and cotto too. your thoughts?
                      I say lets see him progress, and see if that jab is as effective against world class opposition.

But it is great weapon for him, no doubt.

Comment

Working...
                      X