Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins "Stop asking me about Chavez Jr. He aint nothing but a gimmick.."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopkins vs Chavez Jr, 172lbs, 2013. HBO PPV.

Comment

47 year old Hopkins schools both Martinez and Chavez Jr at 170-175.

Comment

Theres no way I can think Martinez beats Prime BHOP, and believe me I wasnt even there at his prime years. I just watch tapes, and I dont think Martinez has what it takes, he's good but not good enough to beat prime BHOP. NO hate or whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          Call me crazy, but I think prime for prime at 160, Martinez would have beaten Hopkins in a close one. B-Hop would have a hard time with Sergio's athleticism and movement.
          hmmm.....NO. fock. and i like sergio as a boxer

Comment

Call me crazy, but I think prime for prime at 160, Martinez would have beaten Hopkins in a close one. B-Hop would have a hard time with Sergio's athleticism and movement.
            Hopkins would have schooled him. Hes too wide open with no defense, that is asking for trouble. Martinez isnt on RJJ's level, he gets hit a pretty lot for his slickster style.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              47 year old Hopkins schools both Martinez and Chavez Jr at 170-175.
              That would be a good payday for BHop and Chavez jr.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                panda's calling u crazy

bhop wouldve beaten martinez but as often said by me: nobody has an easy fight when in the ring with martinez

the only middleweight around when bhop was still fighting at that weight that couldve beaten him back then was winky wright...however their fight was a year or two overdue at a weight winky wasnt comfortable at. dude was eating crispy creme donuts every other day while in camp....they even showed it in the countdown special

I wanted to see that one so bad at 160! I thought winky could have defeated him convincingly with no doubt due to his combination of defense and high work rate. Hopkins was prone to starting too slow and throwing too little and thats why he lost to Taylor (which I agreed with) though he schooled taylor towards the end of the fights but it was too late. Winky could have won on activity and defense. I was sooo pissed to see Winky come in out of shape and let that fight slip away when they met at 170. WTF was he thinking, you never take hopkins lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
                  That would be a good payday for BHop and Chavez jr.
                  Hopkins would whoop that ass. That puts it into perspective. Chavez doesnt have much chance in hell against a 47 year old.

Chavez is used to winning based on a size advantage and he wont have that against hopkins and hopkins movement, distance and timing would made his brain explode.

Comment

Martinez would have beaten Hopkins with his lightning speed and one of the best head movers in history. Hopkins was too slow to touch him. Maravilla would make him look even worse than Roy Jones did.

Comment

Are you forgetting Joe Calzaghe (kept his hands low as well)? A fast southpaw with quick hands and very athletic.
                      lol wasn't a PRIME hopkins. Have you seen a PRIME hopkins fight? probably not. you just know hopkins from trinidad up

Comment

Working...
                      X