Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillary Clinton applauded predicting Pacquiao boxing win

Clinton applauded predicting Pacquiao boxing win
    (AP) – 3 hours ago

MANILA, Philippines — U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton drew loud applause at a town hall meeting with students Friday in the Philippines by giving the right answer to the most pressing question: Is Manny Pacquiao going to win this weekend?

The most popular Filipino will be back in the boxing ring in Las Vegas on Saturday to take on Miguel Cotto of Puerto Rico in a 145-pound (66-kilogram) fight that will be closely watched back home.

"Of course the Pacman's going to win. I mean, is there any doubt?" Clinton said at the University of Santo Tomas in Manila, where she entertained questions during the nationally televised forum with hundreds of students.

"Pacman" is Pacquiao's nickname.

Clinton said she's aware that boxing and basketball are "pretty big" in the Philippines. Every time Pacquiao steps into the ring, he brings his native Philippines to a virtual standstill.

A Chicago native, Clinton also confessed that the Chicago Bulls were her favorites — until she moved to New York and started backing the Knicks, something she said was "kind of discouraging."

"Now the Knicks are trying maybe to get LeBron James, now that would make it very exciting in New York. So I will watch that. I am not sure exactly what will happen," Clinton said.

if hillary was in puerto rico i bet she would predict a cotto victory. plus i highly doubt she even knows who pacquiao and cotto reallyare

Comment

Originally posted by hotshoes View Post
      if hillary was in puerto rico i bet she would predict a cotto victory. plus i highly doubt she even knows who pacquiao and cotto reallyare
      I think she knows who Pacquiao is coz she even used "Pacman" in answering the question. But I agree that if she was in Puerto Rico she would say Cotto will beat Pac

Comment

Bill Clinton is a fan of Pacman

Comment

old news both clintons are pac nuthuggers .... lolz

Comment

Who's really going to take her choice seriously....come on man..

Comment

Originally posted by hotshoes View Post

Does she even know who Cotto is?

Comment

Working...
              X