No announcement yet.

Thinking about getting into baseball?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about getting into baseball?

Just as a sport for fun. Im 18 years old so I dont think I can get into a college team or anything but Ive always been good at just batting when I was younger but never got into a team or anything. Anyone here have experience playing on a team?

bumppppppppppppppppp

Comment

There are leagues everywhere. At your age though, the guys are extremely competitive. But, if you're good at hitting, it shouldn't be a problem. I'm in my 3rd season on an adult team. It costs a bit, but I love playing so its worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
        There are leagues everywhere. At your age though, the guys are extremely competitive. But, if you're good at hitting, it shouldn't be a problem. I'm in my 3rd season on an adult team. It costs a bit, but I love playing so its worth it.
        well some of the people ive been talking to stressed the part of being in shape but I figure if Im already in shape and fast on my feet than I would only have to worry about the batting part. what are some of the first things they teach you when you started? good k sent

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
          18 is way too late to pick up baseball and be good. If you want to f.uck around in an adult league you might be able to get by but you won't be dominating the league.
          I agree. Most guys in the league will not be able to not remember playing baseball.
          Young Money, do you know what to do on defense in all situations? You should still try out though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
            18 is way too late to pick up baseball and be good. If you want to f.uck around in an adult league you might be able to get by but you won't be dominating the league.
            has any known good baseball player started late in the mlb? If I end up progressing is there still a chance for me to go to a better team?

Comment

Like everyone else said, baseball isnt a sport you can just pick up. Good luck to you tho. They do have minor league baseball tryouts sometimes. Only Low class A ball but its pro baseball.

Comment

like other people have mentioned there's adult leagues you can join,

I'd recommend going to the batting cages a couple of times before you try and play in a game

Comment

Yeah it would be best to just join a summer league for fun or whatever because at 18 it's gonna be hard to just start then and try to take it serious.

Comment

Working...
                  X