No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peterson vs. Matthysse at 141-Pound Catch-Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Peterson vs. Matthysse at 141-Pound Catch-Weight

Lucas Matthysse and Lamont Peterson are working hard for their upcoming match, scheduled to take place on May 18th at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. Peterson (31-1-1, 16 KO’s) vs. Matthysse (33-2, 31 KO’s) will be the Showtime televised fight to Devon Alexander vs. Kell Brook will headline the show. Golden Boy Promotions announced earlier today that Peterson-Matthysse will take place at the catch-weight of 141-pounds, which means Peterson's IBF junior welterweight title, and Matthysse's WBC interim-title, are not at stake.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What an odd catchweight. Ah now I see. It is about keeping their straps. Cheapens the tournament imho.

Comment

So wait, this is a non-title fight? I wonder why. There has to be a reason.

Comment

what the ****? why?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

So that means it's not for the belt

Comment

WTF... So what does this mean? WTF is GB planning on doing? They must have something up their sleeves for Matthysse to accept this, the title shot he's been waiting for for so long...

Comment

What kind of logic is this?

Both hold titles at 140, why would you have a catchweight 1 pound above 140?

Very strange.

Comment

Guess they don't want Peterson losing his belt

Comment

Something's up.

I knew something was shady about this whole tourney. This is not a deal breaker but I'm very disappointed now and I'm not as excited to attend this fight.

Comment

The good thing about this tho, is if Matthysse loses he stays as Garcia's mando. Maybe they ARE planning on making this fight. But a unification bout would've been better...

Comment

Working...
                    X