Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

True or False: The only way to get a shot at Canelo is to be coming off a loss?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
    Mayweather has to fight to make money right? If I could make Floyd fight anyone it'd be 160 vs Martinez, but that's asking a lot from a dude that's 36 and getting out of jail.
    I don't care if there is money in it or not, it is still a bum fight. Mayweather fighting a "C" class fighter like Canelo, is cherry picking to the max.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
      Actually, I asked the question.

How can a thread be factually incorrect, when I'm asking a question?

I just think it's a joke that he's fighting Mosley and instead of fighting Molina, fought Cintron. Oh wait, it's a valid fight because Cintron beat Smith on FnF?

Lastly, you can't hate on someone who hasn't done anything to get hated on for.
      The first thread post states he's fighting guys coming off losses in his last two fights.

Even if you think Smith sucks, that's not true. Never said it was a valid reason for fighting Cintron, nor am I defending the Mosley fight.

But saying that he's fighting guys coming off losses or to infer that its a pattern is not true.

Mosley was picked because of his name and the big stage of a Mayweather fight.

Canelo trying to go mainstream in America.

Don't agree with it, but understand the choice.

Comment

Nah, it only takes an old and shot guy, or maybe a guy moving up in weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          The first thread post states he's fighting guys coming off losses in his last two fights.

Even if you think Smith sucks, that's not true. Never said it was a valid reason for fighting Cintron, nor am I defending the Mosley fight.
          So the whole point in all this was to prove me wrong for not recognizing /Acnowledging Cintron's win over Smith on Friday Night Fights?

Would it make you feel better if I said Cintron was 1-2 in his last 3 fights before getting a title shot?

I won't even speak on Mosley.

Lastly, as a boxing fan, you're saying you don't agree with Canelo's last two opponents, but you're up here going to war with me because I didn't acknowledge Antoine Smith lol

Comment

It's a damn shame canelo was gifted that belt.
            He has a pretty solid resume for a 21 year old, he really should have been fighting for the title after this fight with Mosley.
            But it's hard to defend him when he holds a paper trinket, and none of his title defenses have been worthy (maybe Rhodes was ok).

Comment

I guarantee Kirkland gets a shot at Canelo now.

This is what they've been waiting for.... Any sign of weakness and now they have it.

The only thing I learned tonight is Kirk can't fight guys who clinch all night. But who can.

I hope Kirk beats his ass.

Comment

Working...
              X